Author Topic: Looking for John Green  (Read 1214 times)

Offline craigbarwick01

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for John Green
« on: Thursday 10 October 13 06:12 BST (UK) »
I am trying to locate a John William Green who was born in Ixworth Suffolk, England in 1814
there is a possibility that he may have died in Ontario, Canada in 1892.
Can anyone help
regards
Craig

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for John Green
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 October 13 10:57 BST (UK) »
Was he married to a Dorothy Howard and had son William J born 1855 Ixworth also Clara 1857,and Joshia 1858

Offline craigbarwick01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 October 13 13:28 BST (UK) »
Yes he married Dorothy Caudwell but her maiden name was Howard, she died in 1859.                      I only Know what became of  Joshua, he emmigrated to South Africa, but  John and his three children disappeared from UK census after 1861

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 12 October 13 09:06 BST (UK) »
The only John Green who died in 1892 in Ontario that I could find was born in Ireland in about 1832.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline craigbarwick01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 12 October 13 14:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jacquie,
The Canada link was only based on a Mundia profile, unfortunately I could not access it to find
The identity of the profiler, may be a dead end
Regards
Craig

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 13 October 13 00:20 BST (UK) »
I noticed that Joshua was on the 1871 census living with relatives. One thing you may want to consider is the other children were taken in as well and started using that family's surname.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford

Offline craigbarwick01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 13 October 13 02:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Jacquie,
I did not have any luck finding any of the children after 1861, can you tell me which relative Joshua was living with in 1871? There is a death of a John Green in 1871, Thingoe, this may be his father.
Regards
Craig

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 13 October 13 03:47 BST (UK) »
The 1871 census has Joshua C. Green, 13, born Stanton, Suffolk in the household of John and Sarah Howard in Ixworth (Piece: 1726; Folio: 163; Page: 18). His relationship to the head is listed as nephew. Here's a link to the transcription at Family Search: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VFN7-2SL

I believe I have now found Clara as well. There is a Clara R. Green, 16, born Stanton, Suffolk, servant in the household of John and Elizabeth Marrian in Willesden, Middlesex (Piece: 1327; Folio: 64; Page: 36). Her name was mistranscribed at Ancestry as Gran (the double "e" did kind of look like an "a"). Here's a link to the transcription at Family Search: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VF64-75T

Jacquie

Offline craigbarwick01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 13 October 13 12:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jacquie,
I can see why I didn't find Joshua, I was looking at Green family relatives, John Howard would be his maternal grandfather, I did find a Clara Rebecca but I wasn't sure she was the same, again , thank you very much for your help
Regards
Craig