Author Topic: Barney Barnato and Fanny Bees - information please  (Read 1387 times)

Offline antiqphoto

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Barney Barnato and Fanny Bees - information please
« on: Thursday 10 October 13 20:40 BST (UK) »
I am searching for detailed information on the Bees family history especially Fanny Christina Bees who married Barney Barnato. Fanny was the daughter of Johannes Petrus Bees and Christiana Bees.

Looking for records of the marriage of Barney Barnato and Fanny Bees in Johannesburg circa 1890 or 1891.

I am currently writing a book on Barney Barnato, if you have any letters, photographs, or anything relating to the Barnato family, I would like to get copies.

Thank you,

Anthony Davis

Offline gingerbit

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Barney Barnato and Fanny Bees - information please
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 October 13 21:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Anthony, try Ancestry24.com and put in 'Barney Barnato' in the search box. There is an interesting article on him by Heather McAllister, including the marriage details to Fanny.  Don't be put off by seeing any message stating that the site has closed down. It has, but a lot of records are still available. Ancestry 24 . Also my local library has plenty of Barney material. If I can help, let me know.
Gingerbit
Smith, Oliver, Macrae, Laughland, Bower, Greer, Wylie, Forrest, Eddie, McCallum.  All Scotland