Author Topic: (*Completed with thanks*)Cemetery Records Saskatchewan  (Read 8945 times)

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Cemetery Records Saskatchewan
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 October 13 16:24 BST (UK) »
Hello Nova

Have made contact with a fellow in Parkside and he is going to do some more checking around for info on Mark Pringle. He was on the committee for Parksides's 100th anniversary.He does know the name.

As soon as I hear back from him I will contact you.

Lilybell
Harrod Essex and Kent England
McCrimmon Invernesshire  Scotland

Offline Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 October 13 22:23 BST (UK) »

Jeff put the idea in my head of trying the municipal offices. I have written emails to Leask, Parkside and Shellbrook now. I thank you Lilybell for your direct help in contacting also.
It is  great that it is the 100th anniversary of Parkside - people are very interested in the history.
From Leask: I received a copy of some information from the Saskatchewan Archives about a Mark Pringle: a single, British, 50 year old farmer from Shellbrook. (I have M W Pringle on the 1906 Canada Census of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta, a blacksmith, living in Shellbrook).
Quote: He applied for entry to SE 10-49-4-W3 on May 6 1903. He built in 1907 and lived there continuously from July 1, 1908 to July 21, 1910.
Not sure what all those numbers and letters mean? District or land reference?  It is describing his dwelling after that.

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 15 October 13 23:54 BST (UK) »

The numbers refer to his land description SE Section 10 Township 49 Range 4 W3 meridian.

Lilybell

Offline Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 October 13 00:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks Lilybell.
This man is becoming more interesting, as I think I have just accidentally made a new discovery.  I was going back to look at him on the Canadian Census, when it started searching Australian records instead (normally I curse this, but not today).  He appears to have come to Sydney.  Only gives name: Mark W Pringle Departed from London (Anc**try has it as Sweden, but other images say London) in 1884. Vessel: Sorata.
My great-great grandmother (his sister) and her family arrived exactly three months later in 1884 in Brisbane and later settled in New South Wales.  Other uncles were already in the Colony from the 1870's.
He was last found on the 1881 England Census at Earsdon, Northumberland Occupation: Blacksmith, living with father and brothers. Estimated arrival in the USA is 1888, per 1900 United States Federal Census Occupation: Blacksmith

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 16 October 13 01:05 BST (UK) »

Where was he living on 1900 US census?I only have a Canadian membership on
A****try so can not look at records outside Canada. Have you found a passenger record
for him coming to the US.

Lilybell

Offline Lilyione

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 16 October 13 06:16 BST (UK) »
There is a great resource: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~cansacem/ MAny of the cemeteries have been photographed as well
Searching: Coulter, Morrison and Henderson, McDonough and McCommiskey in Ireland; Hall, Johnston, Dickson, Danskin in Scotland; Taylor, Maddocks/Maddox, Smith in Birmingham and Shropshire. Heselton in Yorkshire

Offline Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 16 October 13 23:08 BST (UK) »
Lilybell, you can view this image of the 1900 United States Federal Census for free:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MMGL-5K8
Living at ED 207 Cloud Chief Township (south half), Washita, Oklahoma Territory
Not found in the US after that.
His age is a bit different as Nov 1860. If you look there is no one called Mark Pringle born in England until 1884:
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
I will order what I think is his birth certificate as Mark Wilson in 1856. November would make sense.
Please let me know if you need me to try and look up anything for you outside Canada :) 
Thank you to the other Lily.  Will look.

Offline Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 17 October 13 07:07 BST (UK) »

Have you found a passenger record
for him coming to the US.

Lilybell

No luck with that!

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 19 October 13 22:20 BST (UK) »
Hello Nova
I just heard back from my source on Parkside with some info on Mark Pringle.

Mark died May 20 1942 and is buried at North Battleford Saskatchewan which is about 100 miles from Parkside.
He will email me a copy of his obituary which I will forward on to you if you PM me. He is checking further to see if he can come up with anything else of interest

I did find Mark on the 1906 and the 1916 census but did not find him on the 1911 census. Both these census indicated that he had land. Western Canada Land Grant land description SE Part Section 10 Township 49 Range 4 W3 meridian. Do not know if he still had this land when he moved to Parkside or if he sold it.

I wonder if he took a trip back home around the time of the 1911 census which might account for him not being on it or maybe he got missed.

Lilybell :) :) :)