Author Topic: *SUCCESS* Autosomal DNA Test - my experience  (Read 21151 times)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Re: *SUCCESS* Autosomal DNA Test - my experience
« Reply #72 on: Sunday 22 June 14 11:47 BST (UK) »
Yes, I thinkl I see now Dudley. Got confused which no doubt affects many of us on this subject.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline DudleyWinchurch

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Sunday 22 June 14 12:05 BST (UK) »
No problem Redroger,

Confusion, plenty of it here, which is why I was worried that I was missing something that was obvious to everyone else!

The good news is, I have another potential cousin (shared family name and very close naming patterns, from same part of Ireland, but don't meet up in last few generations, as far as I can see) who has just taken advantage of latest sale to order Family Finder.  It's a fairly long shot to get a match at what may be 5 or more generations ago, but at least she has 3 of us already tested, to look out for.

Sheila
McDonough, Oliver, McLoughlin, O'Brien, Cuthbert, Keegan, Quirk(e), O'Malley, McGuirk (Ireland)
Dudley, Winchurch, Wolverson, Brookes (Black Country)
Concannon, Moore, Markowski (Markesky), Mottram, Lawton (Black Country)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Monday 23 June 14 12:09 BST (UK) »
Wonderful Sheila; My problem is that usually the surnames don't fit, when i need Y chromosomes I have X's and vice versa!I have a good candidate for my paternal 3XGM, problem is I have had her since 1996 and got no further.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline Chatwood2016

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Saturday 30 April 16 12:25 BST (UK) »
Hello

Sorry to be a bit off piste here.  I have just joined and notice you have what appears as the same second name interests.  I am researching on behalf of my son's girlfriend the BRUCE/MOTTRAM family  (NORA EILEEN MOTTRAM was her great grandmother) this has not been an easy task as the family are in NZ and know nothing of NORA EILEEN MOTTRAM born 20 JULY 1906 to parents ARTHUR LEONARD MOTTRAM AND AGNES CLEE.  This morning after struggling for a week researching every AGNES born around 1889 in WOLVERHAMPTON, I discovered AGNES MARKESKY (MARKOWSKY).  I have quite a bit of information recorded on my initial post (posted about 1 hour ago).  Needless to say, NORA has been really hard to research.  The only thing I knew was she was the wife of Patrick Bruce in Belfast married in 1922, father Arthur.  I have had no trouble researching the MOTTRAM Line once I discovered her father was ARTHUR LEONARD MOTTRAM. The latter part of her life her second name was MOORE, no family member knows why.  She didn't take on her second partner's name of RUSSELL (WILLIAM RAMSEY RUSSELL).  They lived in Leicester and she died in 1993 in Leicester.  Through Ancestry I saw that her brother HAROLD born 1910 married a girl from Tipperary and eventually settled in IPSWICH.  I can find no trace of her sister IVY born 1908.  Arthur Leonard MOTTRAM married Sylvia Dillon in 1923 in Lancashire and had two daughters.  He was badly injured in WW1 and committed suicide in 1956.  A contact on Ancestry said he would often talk of his 'lovely golden haired Doris'.  Another child?  I would love to chat with you on line if you are able and share the information I have.  Best wishes,

Julie