Author Topic: how to find a burial  (Read 1878 times)

Offline *sara*

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
how to find a burial
« on: Tuesday 15 October 13 13:28 BST (UK) »
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help
My husband's grandma has passed away and was cremated yesterday in Merseyside.  Her mother dies in Hull/Humberside in 1979 and we would like to find where she was buried so we can take the ashes to the grave of her mother which is what she would have liked.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Incidently, I am also interested from a family history point of view
Thanks
Sara

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
Re: how to find a burial
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 October 13 14:03 BST (UK) »
Hi, if you know the area of Hull / Humberside in which the death occurred you could try the local authority to see if they hold a record, do you have name and date for death etc?
Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 October 13 11:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Sara

If your relative definitely died in Hull and you know the approximate date of death then these people may be able to help, though they are based at the crematorium they also have burial records.

Bereavement services
Chanterlands Avenue Crematorium
Chanterlands Avenue
Hull
HU5 4EF

Tel: 01482 300 300
Fax: 01482 614 986
Email: bereavement.services@hullcc.gov.uk

Bee
 :)
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline *sara*

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 October 13 17:31 BST (UK) »
thankyou for your replies, I will try that contact.

She died in 1979 and was Alice Ann Bennett (nee Mellors)  she was born in 1876 so lived to over 100 amazingly!