Author Topic: Boheme or Bohemia Burt  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Cockneygirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Boheme or Bohemia Burt
« on: Friday 18 October 13 15:33 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am still trying to sort out my 4rd great grandfather's birthplace and year of birth. His name was Boheme or Bohemia Burt. He lived in St. John Horsleydowns in Bermondsey, Surrey where he had his children one of which was John Burt who was my 3rd great grandfather. Okay I have been looking for his birthplace for a long time, about 3 or 4 years. I have now found a Boheme Burt born in Ivinghoe, Buckinghamshire in 1776 with parents John and Elizabeth, but I cannot find anything else about them.
The other problem I have now found is that I seem to have found Boheme's death in Long lane Bermondsey in the Non Conformists list and it says he died 13/06/1832 aged 50. which makes his birth date of 1776 wrong. Can anybody please help with this Birth it is driving me mad now! As he lived his married life and had his family in Bermondsey, first as a Baker and then as a Mariner I naturally though he might have been born in that area. I have found his two marriages, one in 1801 to Ann Jackson and the 2nd one to Jane Wilson in 1823. I just need to confirm his birth please. Can anyone help with this for me please?    Cockneygirl
Burt. Haines, Ritchie, Flood etc. etc.

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Boheme or Bohemia Burt
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 October 13 15:49 BST (UK) »
As we are talking pre-1837, you will be reliant on parish records for a christening.
If the family were non conformist, then he may not have been christened.
So there may not be a record to find.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cockneygirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Boheme or Bohemia Burt
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 October 13 18:53 BST (UK) »
Hi, thank you for your reply, I can understand what you are saying, but I did find his two marriages so maybe he was not always a non conformist then.Thank you anyway I shall just have to keep looking and maybe look for his parent's records again. Kind regards Cockneygirl
Burt. Haines, Ritchie, Flood etc. etc.