Author Topic: Edward Hughes  (Read 4016 times)

Offline yorkshire lass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edward Hughes
« on: Sunday 20 October 13 22:29 BST (UK) »
In 1896 my great grandfather, Edward Hughes, was tragically killed whilst clearing ground for a house to be built between Hanlith terrace and Fern Villa Barmouth for Capt Williams, Gwendoline. A heavy stone gave way crushing his head. He was taken to the Intermediate School where he was lodging and died shortly afterwards. He left a widow, Sarah Hughes, and six children. He is buried in Llanaber Cemetery. Does anybody know if the house he was helping to build is still there and who was Capt Williams of Gwendoline?

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Hughes
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 October 13 22:40 BST (UK) »
Hi yorkshire lass

Looks like Fern Villa has been turned into flats

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43219604.html?showcase=true

I'm not too good with google maps and street view, but if you go to google maps and search for Mynach Road Barmouth, you get the option of a satellite (overhead) view of the street. Street view is available for the next street but not Mynach Road.

Hope this helps

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline yorkshire lass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Hughes
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 October 13 23:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Dawn
I'm new to this I'm afraid so hopefully you'll get this message. Thank you for your message. I have contacted the agents by e-mail to see when the house was built to see if it ties in with the date of 1896.