Author Topic: Rosanna Graham b. 1811, Carlow  (Read 4801 times)

Offline FAB Fiona

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Rosanna Graham b. 1811, Carlow
« on: Friday 25 October 13 11:32 BST (UK) »
Can anybody with more knowledge/access to Carlow records add any flesh to these bones...

Rosanna Graham, my 3x great grandmother, was baptised in Carlow on 2 September 1811 - COI.  She next appears in Nottingham, England (Radford area) as wife of John White where she has 2 children baptised in the putative RC church there in 1833 (John) and 1835 (Bernard). 

Subsequent children (8 of them), baptised RC between 1837 and 1858, are born in Dublin, but she and John are back in Nottingham in 1861 and she is a widow there is 1881 (census also confirms her birth in Carlow) with her now married daughter Ellen Burton and her family.  I am descended through their son Joseph.

Her parents at the Carlow baptism are Joseph and Mary Graham.  They may be the Joseph Graham and Mary Burrough who marry in Carlow in 1790.  I can't find any other children to Joseph and Mary, but I believe Rosanna may possibly have had a sister Catherine.

I can't find a marriage for Rosanna and John White - they may have met in Nottingham as there are hints that they may have parents/siblings there too.  I only know so far that John was born in Ireland, but nothing more.

Any information/pointers gratefully received

Fiona
Bradbury-Gorton/Salford/Disley
Barker-Bury/Stockport/Cheadle, Staffs
Barrowclough-Salford/Sowerby
Berry-Coppull
Connolly-Hulme/Birkenhead/Ireland
Crowley, Renshaw & Steele-Manchester
De Rome-Salford/London
Godson-Gorton/Salford/Stafford
Hampson & Lofthouse-Salford
Kay-Bury