Author Topic: Robert Roberts - Rhosybol/Amlwch m 1854 Eleanor Evans - Llangerniew  (Read 6866 times)

Offline Biro

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert Roberts - Rhosybol/Amlwch m 1854 Eleanor Evans - Llangerniew
« on: Sunday 27 October 13 14:36 GMT (UK) »
Can someone please help? I am trying to trace the birth of Robert Roberts (father Robert - Miner) born Rhosybol/Amlwch 1831 -33. He and Eleanor lived mainly in Llandudno and after marriage in 1854, they had 9 children - Rowland 1854; William 1856; Evan 1857; Thomas 1860; John 1862; Robert Owen 1864; George 1867; Louisa Jane 1872 and Rowland E. 1877. Is anyone tracing this line that can help?

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Roberts - Rhosybol/Amlwch m 1854 Eleanor Evans - Llangerniew
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 14:40 GMT (UK) »
Hiya,

Welcome to RootsChat :)

Have you ordered the marriage certificate Robert Roberts and Elanor - is that why you are thinking he is from Rhosybol / Amlwch?

Trystan

Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Biro

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 15:20 GMT (UK) »
Hiya,

Welcome to RootsChat :)

Have you ordered the marriage certificate Robert Roberts and Elanor - is that why you are thinking he is from Rhosybol / Amlwch?

Trystan

Hi Trystan

I already have their marriage certificate, they where married in Llangeriew in 1854. Robert States he was born in the census for 1871- Amlwch; 1881 - Landudno; 1891- Rhosybol; 1901 Llandudno. He was a joiner and in the 1851 census I believe he was Lodging in Bangor, and he states he was born in Amlwch.

Biro

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 15:45 GMT (UK) »
Biro,

This isn't going to help directly, but one of these could be his father. Looking at the Memorial Index compiled at:
http://www.amlwchhistory.co.uk/newdata/databases/amlwchareaMI.htm

There's a death of a Robert Roberts 27/8/1852 (which who knows could be his father) another in 1871, and 1847 (there are others too, I was just looking at more likely years).

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Biro

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 16:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trystan, Thank you for your efforts, I haven't discounted the fact that Robert's father (the miner) could have died in a mining accident after his son Robert (the Joiner) was married, his marriage certificate does not show him as deceased at 1854. thanks again Biro

Offline Mandy Birch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 29 June 14 22:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Biro. I'm following this exact line. My great Grandfather was Roberts son Evan Rowland Roberts 1877 Llandudno. Have you managed to find out anymore since you posted this? I haven't managed to get any further back than Robert!
Birch, Yeomans, Chesters, Husbands, from Shropshire/Flintshire

Offline Biro

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 June 14 13:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Mandy, Thanks to rootschat you are the first to contact me searching the same family line. I have narrowed Robert ROBERTS born approx. 1833 in Rhosybol / Amlwch to a possible six and when I have more time, I will narrow it down further still, incidently Robert is also my Great Great Grandfather. I worked in the Registration Service (Births, Deaths and. Marriages) and I was able to copy the birth entries of Roberts first five children and took references for the next three, I don't have any detail of your Great. Grandfather other than that already given. I am more than willing to let you have any of the information I have regarding Evan Roland's brothers and sister, if you think it may help. Do you have a copy of your Great Grandfathers marriage certificate?

Offline Mandy Birch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 30 June 14 16:29 BST (UK) »
I have sent you a private message Biro, with my email address included. We can exchange any documents then  :)
Birch, Yeomans, Chesters, Husbands, from Shropshire/Flintshire

Offline Biro

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 30 June 14 17:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Mandy I have replied to your private email address. Biro