Author Topic: Williams Family Wales to Victoria, Aus 1852+  (Read 882 times)

Offline Destinys Path

• RootsChat Extra
  • My personal page for tweeting what ever it is I may see of interest. I follow back my followers and RT different bits and pieces of what I come across.
    • View Profile
Williams Family Wales to Victoria, Aus 1852+
« on: Tuesday 29 October 13 05:23 GMT (UK) »
hi all
I am currently doing research on my Williams family whom with David Williams and Catherine Richards were residing around Llanfair, Mathafarn Eithaf, Anglesey, Wales in the 1851 census. David and his children Owen and Emma arrived on the 'Lord Stanley' in Jan, 1852 to Victoria. Owen David Williams was christened in January, 1831 Wales and married Hanora Reid/Reed (daughter of John Reid and Ann Higgs) in 1863 Ballarat, Vic. He died in September 1907 and buried in Ballarat, Vic. I do have some more information on the family, I believe David and Catherine had more children, but not sure.
Email address removed by Moderator.

Thanks
Lisa

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Williams Family Wales to Victoria, Aus 1852+
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 October 13 05:46 GMT (UK) »
Not sure what you have, but thought you may find these of interest;

PROV has a digitised copy of the Will for
Owen D WILLIAMS, mason, of 108 George St, West Ballarat, died 26 September,1907.  He leaves all to his wife Norah WILLIAMS.  The will shows his signature and is dated 26 May, 1907.

PROV's site takes a while to download the digitised image.  One of the images contains an inventory of his estate which was worth 406 pounds.

There is also a copy of the will of a Norah WILLIAMS, d 13 Feb, 1920, at Castlemaine - is this the same lady?  The will mentions her grandchildren Norman STUART, Charles STUART and Elsie HARRIS.

http://prov.vic.gov.au/index_search?searchid=54

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Williams Family Wales to Victoria, Aus 1852+
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 October 13 06:50 GMT (UK) »
hi all
I am currently doing research on my Williams family whom with David Williams and Catherine Richards were residing around Llanfair, Mathafarn Eithaf, Anglesey, Wales in the 1851 census. David and his children Owen and Emma arrived on the 'Lord Stanley' in Jan, 1852 to Victoria. Owen David Williams was christened in January, 1831 Wales and married Hanora Reid/Reed (daughter of John Reid and Ann Higgs) in 1863 Ballarat, Vic. He died in September 1907 and buried in Ballarat, Vic. I do have some more information on the family, I believe David and Catherine had more children, but not sure.If any of this rings a bell please reply or email me at  Thanks
Lisa

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=167495.msg5106211#msg5106211

On this link to your post last week, you have listed a number of children listed to the couple in Wales.

Do you mean you think they had more children in Australia.  You don't seem to say Catherine came to Australia at all only her husband and 2 of the children. I suspect even if Catherine did come, her child-bearing days would have been well past.

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk