Author Topic: John Barlow B 1842 Wrexham July - Sept.  (Read 7507 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Barlow B 1842 Wrexham July - Sept.
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 03 November 13 19:59 GMT (UK) »
Just a bit more ~

Marriage
Chirk 26 Dec 1780
Richard Barlow and Dorothy Price. Both of the parish.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline mikehardy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 03 November 13 20:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gadget, and William,  Gadget I have read with interest your posts on the Barlow's in 2008,  I have the cert. for Thomas and Hannah wedding.  I also checked on  FindMyPast  for a birth/baptism and the only one I could find was In 1793 - St Oswald Chester, you allude to this as well. Now my Question is which birth do we believe? 1793 from the index and 1796 derived from the Census?, I take on board William's comments re berths derived from Census.  So can I now be certain Thomas was born in 1793. 

My mind is still unclear which John Barlow to run with - both born 1842, Wrexham and Holywell

Mike.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 03 November 13 20:05 GMT (UK) »
.  I also checked on  FindMyPast  for a birth/baptism and the only one I could find was In 1793 - St Oswald Chester,

Hi Mike

This birth was in Chirk not Chester - the marriage to Hannah was in Chester.

I think I'd go about 80% with this couple as John's parents. it's best to see what the birth cert says. What does John's marriage certs say?

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline mikehardy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 03 November 13 21:34 GMT (UK) »
OK my error Gadget, John's marriage to Sarah Lawrence 1864 is indexed BMD 118,6b,491 place Burton upon Trent.  but there is no trace of a Marriage taking place at Burton in 1842 (FindMyPast) but there is one at Belpare Derbyshire.  Once again confused

Mike.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 04 November 13 06:29 GMT (UK) »
OK my error Gadget, John's marriage to Sarah Lawrence 1864 is indexed BMD 118,6b,491 place Burton upon Trent.

This is just the GRO ref. I was asking about the info on the certificate itself,  which you said that you'd ordered. When it arrives, it should give his father's name and occupation.

but there is no trace of a Marriage taking place at Burton in 1842 (FindMyPast) but there is one at Belpare Derbyshire.  Once again confused

Mike.

Have you made an error with your dates - I thought that John was born in 1842 in the Wrexham area.

In relation to the Hannah and Thomas on the censuses - William has shown that the family are together on the 1841. The 1851 and 1861 show the same group of children with the parent:

1841 - HO107/1407/6/3/17
Thomas, 40
Hannah, 25
Ann, 10
Louisa, 8
Mary, 7
Thomas, 5
Robert, 4
Richard, 3
Jane, 1

Note that the 1841 census used age grouping (rounded down)  for those of 15 and over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

1851 - HO107/2026/138/12
Hannah, 38
Ann, 20
Mary, 17
Thomas, 15
Robert, 14
Richard, 12,
Jane, 10
John, 8
Frances, 4

~~~~~~~~~~~~

1861- RG9/2029/4/4
Thomas, 65
Thomas jnr, 25
Robt, 24
John, 18
Frances, 14
Alfred, 9

In 1851 Thomas is with his brother and in 1861 Hannah is with their married daughter.

Gadget

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 04 November 13 06:44 GMT (UK) »
PS

There are 2 birth registrations for a John Barlow:

July-Sept,  1842, Holywell, Vol 27, p 224
July-Sept, 1842, Wrexham, Vol 27, p 251

Given that they were in the Holywell area in 1841, it might be that that is the correct one. However, I think I'd be tempted to get both - expensive but .....

Gadget

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 04 November 13 07:07 GMT (UK) »
Another PS   ;D

I've just found the baptism of Ann and Louisa Barlow - showing as aged 10 and 8 on the 1841 census:

Wrexham June 29 1831
Ann Emma Barlow, daughter of Thomas and Hannah Barlow. Abode Abenbury Fechan. Thomas given as an Ironmaster

Wrexham Oct 3rd, 1832
Louisa Barlow, daughter of Thomas and Hannah Barlow. Abode Abenbury Fechan. Thomas given as an Ironmaster

I think that the family had moved to the Holywell area by 1841 and the remaining children's baptisms aren't in my records.

Gadget

Offline mikehardy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 04 November 13 15:15 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Gadget,  Thomas Barlow born (1851) 1795, (1861) 1796, and his baptism record 1793 this giving parents as Richard and Dorothy.  Which date should I record?

I have ordered both John Barlow birth certs. from GRO - delivery seems long at 3 weeks!!!

Mike.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 04 November 13 16:09 GMT (UK) »
My money is on the Holywell one Mike!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk