Author Topic: Tasmanian lookup request please - CANNON - YOUNG  (Read 5831 times)

Offline carolmilner

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tasmanian lookup request please - CANNON - YOUNG
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 27 January 16 13:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kevin and Jen.... now that the fish shop in George st has been mentioned I know I have the right family link ....my grandparents met in that shop.... my G G Grandfather Henry Milner married Mary Ann Cannon. ... Mary Ann married Bruce Gunn after Henry died.... we still visit Mary Anns grave at Carr villa in Launceston. .. dad is currently cleaning it right up. ...

ive never been able to ascertain Mary Anns parents for sure tho

How exciting to find you both

Cheers

Carol

Offline Jen10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 02 February 16 09:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol,

I also have your Mary Ann (married Henry Milner) as the daughter of George Cannon (convict on Mangles) and Mary Ann Dean (convict on the Majestic).  She had a daughter, also called Mary Ann.  I am not sure how much information you have, but I have a bit.  Feel free to message me and we can swap information if you are interested.

Interestingly, it seems that George Cannon's son (Thomas, who is my relative), married Mary Louisa Young, who was first married to Bruce Gunn (the one who then seemed to marry his sister, Mary Ann)  They all appear to have lived in Paterson St.

Cheers!

Offline Carol Tas

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 07 September 21 14:38 BST (UK) »
Wow

Just stumbled across this post.

Mary Ann and Henry Milner are also my G G grandparents.

We also visit their graves . My dad now being 86 - We are also Milners via Charles Thomas and Emma Gorst- still living in Launceston.

Would love to chat more.

Carol Milner