Author Topic: Annie Newham and family- 1860-1930  (Read 1182 times)

Offline LauraC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Annie Newham and family- 1860-1930
« on: Friday 17 June 05 12:52 BST (UK) »
Hello

I am interested in the following family:

Annie Elizabeth S Leetham b. 1867 Howden, Yorkshire who married John Newham b. in March 1888 in Howden, East Riding, Yorkshire.

Mrs Annie Elizabeth S. Newham nee Leetham born in 1867, Howden Yorkshire. She marries John Newham in March, 1888 in Howden, East Riding, Yorkshire. They had three children Alice b. 1889, John William b.1892 and Mabel b.1898.

I have found them lving in Station Cottages, Howden, Yorkshire until 1916 where John senior was a railway porter.

I believe that John William was killed during the first world war (15th July 1916 at the Somme) but I do not know what happened to Alice or John senior.

Annie and Mabel Newham lived in my house in Ipswich, Suffolk in aprox 1934-1935.

If any of this sounds familiar please get in touch

Thanks

Laura Cloke
Burlington Road, Ipswich Suffolk UK. Churcher, Newham, Maybery, Grieve, Parkes, Ludgate, Brooks, Greenfield

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Newham and family- 1860-1930
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 February 06 08:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Laura

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one. 

Have you made any progress,  or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LauraC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Newham and family- 1860-1930
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 February 06 11:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I haven't got very much further with this one. I have found out more about the son John Newham, he was in the Manchester Regiment in the first world war and people have offered lots of information about him:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,112938.0.html

Otherwise I know very little else about the family, any help would be much apreciated

Thanks

Laura
Burlington Road, Ipswich Suffolk UK. Churcher, Newham, Maybery, Grieve, Parkes, Ludgate, Brooks, Greenfield