Author Topic: Please find birth mother COMPLETED  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Sumar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Please find birth mother COMPLETED
« on: Friday 08 November 13 17:22 GMT (UK) »
I have now got my birth/adoption records, having previously thought they were unavailable and have a fair bit of information, but as my birth father was from USA and my birth mother from New Zealand. I was born 1965 at St Mary Abbots Hospital, London and named Joanna Sampson.

I am not able to access births, deaths and marriages in NZ as not a NZ citizen and the births, deaths and marriages I think we may need to search are less that the 80 or 100 years required for me to gain access. My mother would now be 72 yrs old, if still living, and NZ privacy laws do not allow access.

Any help would be most appreciated

BDF:- Philpot
CAM:- Chamberlain, Farrow, Foottit
CON:-Benoy, Lower, Nile, Pooley, Symons, Woodward
DEV:- Benoy, Hart, Welsh
ESS;- Blunden, Cowling, Gutteridge, Hart, Mann, Pipe, Poynter, Wildish
GLS:- Cove, Massey
HRT:- Anderson, Bullard, Cousins, Crick, Curtis, Day, Deacon, Giles, Harrison, Hough, Hull, Lawman, Mardle, Massey, Pearce, Phillips, Philpott, Sadler, Saunders, Sharpe, Sole, Stokes, Taylor, Upchurch, Webb, White
KEN:- Wildish
NFK:- Farrow, Mayhew
SOM:-Humphries, Rogers, Rolls

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Please find birth mother
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 November 13 18:21 GMT (UK) »
As well as N.Z. laws protecting the privacy of living people Rootschat also has rules against posting details of living/possibly living people and it's quite possible that both your birth parents are still alive. See Help pages-
Please do not post requests asking for help to find (possibly) living relatives or friends.
RootsChat is a forum for searching for ancestors. Anything posted on the internet is in the public domain where anybody can see this information. To protect people and their identities we do not encourage the posting of information about people who are or maybe still living.
Even with permission from the subject of a post we would seriously advise against giving too much information as to betray their identity.

You can find some tips for searching for living people on these RootsChat topics:
RootsChat Topic: Searching for living relatives and Rootschat
RootsChat Topic: Tracing Living Relatives

http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 November 13 19:13 GMT (UK) »
I have PM'd  Sumar, with some information on her biological maternal grandparents (deceased) and also some tools she can use for NZ research (Archway, cemetery lists). There are researchers of the grandparents who have information on the internet, have sent link to Sumar but not posting here, even though they are deceased - it's too recent, given the subject of this topic.

(I'm not related)

But totally adhere to the Moderator comments. RC is for ancestors, privacy is utmost, & caution is always recommended in such a sensitive  issue, especially when living  birth relatives may not be aware of the baby/adoption etc.

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline Sumar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 November 13 21:09 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for removing details from the site and for your help.
I would not wish to cause any embarrassment to birth mother or any of her family
BDF:- Philpot
CAM:- Chamberlain, Farrow, Foottit
CON:-Benoy, Lower, Nile, Pooley, Symons, Woodward
DEV:- Benoy, Hart, Welsh
ESS;- Blunden, Cowling, Gutteridge, Hart, Mann, Pipe, Poynter, Wildish
GLS:- Cove, Massey
HRT:- Anderson, Bullard, Cousins, Crick, Curtis, Day, Deacon, Giles, Harrison, Hough, Hull, Lawman, Mardle, Massey, Pearce, Phillips, Philpott, Sadler, Saunders, Sharpe, Sole, Stokes, Taylor, Upchurch, Webb, White
KEN:- Wildish
NFK:- Farrow, Mayhew
SOM:-Humphries, Rogers, Rolls

Offline spades

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 08 November 13 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sumar,

You might find this topic of some assistance.

A Guide to Tracing Living Relatives in New Zealand.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=495373.0

Good luck with your search. :)

Spades
ELLERKER - Beverley ERY ENG
HEALEY - IRL?
MURDOCH - Wigtownshire SCT, Otago and Westland NZ
PALING - Nottinghamshire ENG
RILEY - Flamborough; Cottingham; South Dalton ERY, Manitoba CAN, & London ENG
STURTON - Arnold, Nottinghamshire ENG
SUTTRON - All, NRY & DUR ENG
TAYLOR - London ENG
TYLER - London ENG
TERNAN/TIERNAN - Dublin IRL

Offline Lizpy

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Please find birth mother COMPLETED
« Reply #5 on: Monday 11 November 13 18:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello Ambly & Janette (I'm sorry I am only just on this forum and can't seem to locate you both - Ambly, please will you ensure Janette gets this message too?),
My name is Liz and you have both, along with others, been helping my friend's sister try and help me find my birth parents. I want to say that I am very grateful to you both for the information you have helped unlock, I would not know all that I do now about my background - in 3 days from when S first very kindly said she'd go on these sites for me to gather some information to Saturday evening, when I discovered that my birth mother was dead - has been a whirlwind. I want to reassure you both that S did not ever deliberately mean to imply she was the adopted child - I think she has cut and pasted my emails to her, and of course they are written in the first person and without changing that tense, it would make sense that you would think as you did. S was kind enough to help me, as I was overwhelmed with how to even go about beginning to do this and S's sister is a friend of mine and has helped other people as well as tracing her family connections. I am going to take some time away from all of this now and let the information I have received through you sink in and make a decision some time in the future as to whether I wish to progress my search any further. Once again, most sincere thanks for your help to S and me, it is very much appreciated. Thank you. Liz