Author Topic: Help Needed re: Hannah Salt (1818-1857)  (Read 4624 times)

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help Needed re: Hannah Salt (1818-1857)
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 November 13 17:16 GMT (UK) »
Sorry about this, but not sure about your Ancestry source - there is not much information given.  OK it gives the mother's maiden name as Dawson, but there is no mention of the siblings found by avm228, plus the venue for Hannah's marriage just states Uttoxeter (the Registration District) rather than Abbots Langley (from Staffordshire BMD).  Call me pessamistic, but  :-X :-X

If you would like me to check all of this information from Lichfield Records Office, then please let me know - bus pass and time available, so costs me nothing!!!
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 12 November 13 23:11 GMT (UK) »
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 12 November 13 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Sorry about this, but not sure about your Ancestry source - there is not much information given.  OK it gives the mother's maiden name as Dawson, but there is no mention of the siblings found by avm228, plus the venue for Hannah's marriage just states Uttoxeter (the Registration District) rather than Abbots Langley (from Staffordshire BMD).  Call me pessamistic, but  :-X :-X

If you would like me to check all of this information from Lichfield Records Office, then please let me know - bus pass and time available, so costs me nothing!!!

Hi Sue (Bumble)

See if you can find this Barton marriage 1814 at Lichfield archives and the daughter Hannah Salt b 1818 marriage 1846 to Samuel Talbot to comfirm her Dad was Thomas Salt

Also Hannah Salt baptism 1818 Barton

That should answer all queries

Marriages Barton

Check ~Dawson and Salt 1814 marriages

Marriage Thomas Salt X Hannah Dawson 1814 Barton Parish

http://www.stjamesbarton.org.uk/marr_reg.html

Baptism

Scroll down to Salt Hannah 1818

http://www.stjamesbarton.org.uk/baptreg.html
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 07:17 GMT (UK) »
I'll do that!!!  Sorry about the faux pas regarding Abbots Langley, which should, of course, have been Abbots Bromley!!  I'll put the reason down to jet lag  :o
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 16:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue

I'd wait for to hear from J Strangwood first as to their wishes as if they want your help of trips to the archives.

Dobby