Author Topic: Where might I find military records for Adam Alexander Private 416929 A.S.G.  (Read 4293 times)

Offline allesond

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where might I find military records for Adam Alexander Private 416929 A.S.G.
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 13:35 GMT (UK) »
I am liking the dublin marriage to one of: Edith Margaret Reeves, Elizabeth Matilda MacAdam, Anne Morrow, Maria Duffy. I have a Dublin rootschat: Information appreciated for Fox/Shelly & Shelly/Whitty families. There are 14 pages and a few posting have discussed Adam Alexander.

Thanks,
Alleson

Offline allesond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Where might I find military records for Adam Alexander Private 416929 A.S.G.
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Marriage of JOHN ADAM ALEXANDER of 29 STH FREDERICK STREET- and EDITH MARGARET REEVES of 7 LOWER FITZWILLIAM STREET
on 15 December 1875
Parish/Church/Congregation - ST. STEPHEN
Area - DUBLIN (COI)

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 17:35 GMT (UK) »
Re: the Adam and Alice Alexander who emigrated to Canada in 1904......

You may have already discounted them but it doesn't appear that they are your couple in any case. The BMD index for Manitoba has the mother's maiden name as Campbell for the children in the 1916 census. There is also a death recorded in 1918 for an Alice Alexander of the correct age. Adam is listed as a widower in the 1921 census.

http://vitalstats.gov.mb.ca/Query.php

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline allesond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Thank you that was interesting. Yes discounted as the age and she was busy getting married in 1919.