Author Topic: Looking for birth  (Read 5260 times)

Offline KatieL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for birth
« on: Monday 18 November 13 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm trying to find a birth record for Winifred M D Oldham, born in 1929. I'm looking on behalf of someone else and that's the only information I've got, so I'm trying to find her place of birth and mother's maiden name so I can go back from there. I've done a search but can't find the record, can anyone help me find any information?
Ashley (Gloucestershire), Buckman (Sussex), Catchpole (Suffolk), Cohn (Germany, London), Crane (Suffolk), Dooley (Ireland), Edom (Hampshire), French (Essex, IoW), Gregory (Cornwall), Keen (Ireland), Keogh (Co Wicklow), Knight (Suffolk), Nailer (Berkshire), Parslow (London), Phillips (Norfolk), Prince (London), Pritchard (Gloucestershire, London), Sanders (London), Shepherd (Hampshire), Steere (Hampshire), Sutton (Berkshire)

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for birth
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 November 13 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Have you tried looking for a death record of Winifred to establish her birth year or are you certain that it is 1929?

Have found no birth details of a Winifred M D Oldham as yet  ???

JJ

Offline KatieL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 November 13 18:17 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for looking. The person who gave me the information helped to arrange her funeral and seems sure about when she was born.

He thinks it's possible her parents divorced. If she took her mother's maiden name or a stepfather's name, is there any way of finding a record of this? Apart from that I don't know where else to look.
Ashley (Gloucestershire), Buckman (Sussex), Catchpole (Suffolk), Cohn (Germany, London), Crane (Suffolk), Dooley (Ireland), Edom (Hampshire), French (Essex, IoW), Gregory (Cornwall), Keen (Ireland), Keogh (Co Wicklow), Knight (Suffolk), Nailer (Berkshire), Parslow (London), Phillips (Norfolk), Prince (London), Pritchard (Gloucestershire, London), Sanders (London), Shepherd (Hampshire), Steere (Hampshire), Sutton (Berkshire)

Offline spendlove

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 November 13 18:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

No obvious birth, but lots of possibles for Oldham and then there are these for Holden

There is a birth Dec Q 1925:-
Holden    Winifred D M    Hirons    Pershore    6c   274

There is a marriage  Dec Q 1943:-
Holden    Winifred D M    Henry    Pershore    6c   518

Have you any clue about the area she is thought to have been born or lived in later life?

Did she ever marry?

Spendlove

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Spendlove, Strutt in London & Middlesex.

Offline suziq

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 18 November 13 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi
There is a Winifred M.Oldham J/A/S 1927 Newcastle 10B 83 m/n Bewley

Suziq
Timmins-Durham,York,Middx,Sussex Pearson-Durham, Blenkinsop-York, Hind,Lumley,Gordon,Stoker,Farrant-Sussex,Comber-Sussex

Offline ChrissieL

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Ben and John Hardman meeting up in Cairo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 18 November 13 18:26 GMT (UK) »
Did the person arranging her funeral have her death certificate giving any more details
Staffordshire: Lawton Probyn Horrobin
Durham: Bamlett Hardman Winship Robinson
Suffolk: Leggett

Offline KatieL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 18 November 13 18:31 GMT (UK) »
Thanks,

She was the long term partner of my relative but they never married, and I'm pretty sure she was never married before that. I think she lived in London as a child but I don't know if she was born there. At some point she moved to Essex where she lived until her death.

I'm not sure if he has seen the death certificate, but will find out. He seems certain she was born in 1929 though.

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 18 November 13 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Even if your contact doesn't have access to the death certificate, sufficient details to identify the death registration (where in Essex did she die, when and in what name) would help a lot.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline KatieL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 18 November 13 18:42 GMT (UK) »
She died 12/10/13, so I don't think any records will be online yet. She lived in Clacton though, and as far as I know she always used the same name.