Author Topic: Dunchurch grave  (Read 3348 times)

Offline KathyM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Dunchurch grave
« on: Thursday 21 November 13 19:18 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if anyone lived near enough to Dunchurch to have a look for a grave for me?

I know there is a grave because someone has seen it - but we don't have a transcription.

We know that there is a grave for James Turland Edmonds.  He married 3 times (at least!) and I have been told that he lies in the churchyard with them (Mary Ann, Eva Annie & Alice Annie).....would love to have the details!

I wonder if he called them all Annie...to avoid confusion/embarrassment!
~~~~~~~~

Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Ardill,  Bourke/Burke, Bellwood, Bridge, Cain, Church, Cragg,  Dennell, Dunning, Gough, Haslam, Holmes, Jessop, Kidson/Kitson, Knowles, Markwick, Martin, Munden, Nickerson, Robinson,  Seddon, Whittle, Varley & Walpole.

Areas: Yorkshire, Lancashire, Norfolk, Marylebone & Tipperary

Offline ethellikesbicester

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dunchurch grave
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 July 15 18:23 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have only just joined Rootschat; do you still want to see the transcription?

I live just outside Dunchurch, would be happy to go to the church yard.

Regards

Karen

Offline KathyM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 July 15 21:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Karen

That would be really good - if you get the chance to do that I would really appreciate it.  I don't know how difficult it is to find!

Thank you
Kathy
~~~~~~~~

Ardill,  Bourke/Burke, Bellwood, Bridge, Cain, Church, Cragg,  Dennell, Dunning, Gough, Haslam, Holmes, Jessop, Kidson/Kitson, Knowles, Markwick, Martin, Munden, Nickerson, Robinson,  Seddon, Whittle, Varley & Walpole.

Offline ethellikesbicester

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 July 15 08:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Cathy

I had a look but couldn't find anything. It is quite a large area to search, the problem is that the grass in some parts is only cut once a year, so I am going to wait until they cut the grass, which hopefully should be soon. It really is jungle out there!

When did James die? Do you have a copy of the burial entry?
Can you ask the person that saw the stone if they remember or have any idea where in the church yard it is? Was this recently?
Regards
Karen

Offline KathyM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 July 15 09:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for having a look.....

James (b. 1849) died 6th July 1926.

I was told by my friend (who has since sadly died) that they went with friends to a pub in Dunchurch, and looked over the church wall, and saw the grave.  How true this is, I don't know.  Just she remembered him having 3 wives.

I haven't seen the burial records I'm afraid so don't have a grave no.  Happy to wait until grass dies down!!  Her visit was some years ago....
~~~~~~~~