Author Topic: trouble with German script in 1826 church records  (Read 567 times)

Offline gepearson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
trouble with German script in 1826 church records
« on: Monday 25 November 13 17:10 GMT (UK) »
Most importantly, I'm having trouble with three surnames.

The first image shows a portion of a marriage record. 

In the first fully-visible column, I can't get the surname of "Anna Maria", the groom's mother.  Here's what I do have for this column:

Johannes Linden [unknown word] und Anna Maria [unknown surname] [unknown word] zu Molsberg.

In the second fully-visible column, I can't understand the surname of the bride, another Anna Maria.

In the SECOND image, we get another look at the bride's surname, as her father's name is given in the second fully-visible column here.  Also in this column, I cannot understand the surname of bride's mother, Maria.  (In fact, I understand very little from this column, except for the  "zu Girkenroth" at the end.  I *think* the bride's father's name is Johannes, but confirmation would be helpful.)

The THIRD image has another look at the bride's surname, in the second visible column.

In addition to the surnames, I would like to know what some of the other handwriting says.  I'm good with the "wohnhaft zu ... und geborren zu ..." phrases but a lot of the rest is a mystery. 

Can anyone help?

Offline gepearson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: trouble with German script in 1826 church records
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 November 13 18:23 GMT (UK) »
Forgot that I had a FOURTH example of what I referred to as the "bride's surname" in my original post.  It can be seen the the fourth column of the attached picture, after the "und Anna Maria".