Author Topic: Fanny E Smart Marriage 1915  (Read 2894 times)

Online PalmTree1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fanny E Smart Marriage 1915
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 02 January 14 23:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sandy,

Thanks for the marriage details for Fanny Ellen Smart as she is one of my Bozeat Smarts. You have confirmed the info that I had from other sources but without real proof. I have not found a connection between my Smarts and Jason's, his seem to have originated in Riseley, Beds., so you never know, not a million miles to Bozeat. Another research project...

Happy New Year
Paul
Palmers of Pilton, Ramsey, and Derbyshire - Berrills of Bozeat and Wellingborough -  Byles of Suffolk and Northants - Norris of Farnham - Morehens, Hills, Carters of Northants -  Smarts, Pettits, Woodings of Bozeat

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 January 14 06:03 GMT (UK) »
Morning Paul.

Let me know if I can help confirm any other details from the Registers
for Bozeat-Smart family.

A Happy New Year to you also.

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Online PalmTree1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 03 January 14 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandy,

Thanks for your kind offer. I have Alan Clarke's Indexes so probably have the majority of the older information. If I do need anything it will be more recent, such as Fanny's marriage. I will start a new thread if/when I find something I need to save hijacking Jason's thread  ;)

Regards,
Paul
Palmers of Pilton, Ramsey, and Derbyshire - Berrills of Bozeat and Wellingborough -  Byles of Suffolk and Northants - Norris of Farnham - Morehens, Hills, Carters of Northants -  Smarts, Pettits, Woodings of Bozeat

Offline Andrew_c_lane

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 28 May 16 18:39 BST (UK) »
Hi, (Joseph) Charles Lane, who married Fanny Elizabeth Lane (nee Smart) was the UNCLE of her first husband Sidney Charles Lane, who died in WW1.

Fanny Elizabeth had 4 sons, two by her first husband called George Lane and William Charles Lane and two from her 2nd marriage, Riley Lane and your great(?) grandfather Frederick Lane, who married Audrey and had 4 daughters (and i believe a son who drowned young in a pond); they lived latterly at their farm in Stoke Goldington and then near Warrington cross road, just out of Olney. My grandfather WC Lane was half brother of Fred Lane and I used to visit them with family and rode horses on their farm.

I visited Fanny Elizabeth when she lived in Earls Barton and then in a sheltered home in Stoke Goldington, where she dies in around 1976.

Hope this helps.