Author Topic: tracing relatives of Sgt F/Sgt Kenneth ARCHER  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
tracing relatives of Sgt F/Sgt Kenneth ARCHER
« on: Saturday 07 December 13 14:19 GMT (UK) »
For my research to the loss and fate of an Lancasterbomber shotdown 26th July 1943 I would like to get in touch with the relatives of F/Sgt Kenneth ARCHER who was a 2nd pilot of Lancaster JA855 ,PM-A of 103 Squadron to get experience with a experienced crew on a Operational raid. Sadly on his first mission F/Sgt K.ARCHER 591125 was killed at his young age of 23 when his aircraft was shotdown near Elsendorp in The Netherlands. Kenneth was the son of Humprey and Dorothy ARCHER,of Greenford,Middlesex, and rest at Eindhoven(Woensel) general Cemetery (The Netherlands)together with his 4 other crewmembers.   
Bomber Command research during WW2 in the South Eastern part of The Netherlands. Especially aircraft crash research and locating their crews.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: tracing relatives of Sgt F/Sgt Kenneth ARCHER
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 December 13 17:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lancaster103

Rootschat isn't really a forum for finding missing relatives and we have a 'no living people' policy here.

A bit of speed genealogy here and it is possible Kenneth had a wife, but no children, who may have remarried and died in 2006.

He may also have had 2 sisters, but without confirming the births with certificates, it is difficult to tell for sure.

If the sisters are correct, one may have married in 1957 and may still be living in North Yorkshire.

If you are interested in this information, please send me a personal message.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: tracing relatives of Sgt F/Sgt Kenneth ARCHER
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 December 13 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dawn,

I am fully aware that Rootschat.com is not suitable for add details of possible living people. I always start with contacting local newspapers but they are not always prepared to publish an appeal to tracking down people and also I have not always the info were to start.  Thats why I try to get in touch with enthousiastic people on Rootschat.com. If a member have some details or sensitive info he or she will send me that info on PM.

Thank you very much for the info and I will send you a PM

Regards,
Adrian
Bomber Command research during WW2 in the South Eastern part of The Netherlands. Especially aircraft crash research and locating their crews.