Author Topic: seeking contact with the relatives of RAF Sgt Fred Anthony(Tony) HATTON  (Read 2738 times)

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: seeking contact with the relatives of RAF Sgt Fred Anthony(Tony) HATTON
« Reply #9 on: Monday 09 December 13 07:43 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if this is useful but Bradford Grammar most certainly will have a memorial to those former pupils who died in WW1+2. Also the school will have an official historian/archivist who might help.

HI Bykerlads,

Yes I didn't thought on this option. I will look for a contact address and perhaps they can help me further. Thanks very much  ;)
Adrian
Bomber Command research during WW2 in the South Eastern part of The Netherlands. Especially aircraft crash research and locating their crews.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 12:57 GMT (UK) »
Renee Mary Garbutt ,Tony and Ians  mother  was born in 1889 in Hull to Thomas and Emma Garbutt
this is them in 1881 census

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X3FT-V17

see if someone can get the family in 1891 census - and follow the family in regards of marriages ...I am sure if they had children over a period of 15 years - Tony and Ian had many cousins ...so I would think family still living in the Hull /Bradford areas ??
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 14:27 GMT (UK) »
I'm sure Adrian wont mind me saying, but I was able to send a message to someone who had the family on their tree. They have since contacted him, so a good result.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Brilliant - a nice ending :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 19:07 GMT (UK) »
I'm sure Adrian wont mind me saying, but I was able to send a message to someone who had the family on their tree. They have since contacted him, so a good result.

Hi Groom,

Indeed a good result and well done. Also Many Thanks to all enthousiastic people who helped me in my search  ;)

Cheers,
Adrian
Bomber Command research during WW2 in the South Eastern part of The Netherlands. Especially aircraft crash research and locating their crews.

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 16 December 13 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am in touch with Tony Hattons family. Many Thanks for all you fantastic people have done for me to find Tonys relatives.  All the best,
Adrian

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 16 December 13 10:51 GMT (UK) »
That is really good news Adrian. I am sure that they are delighted that Tony is being remembered after all these years. He was obviously a brave man who gave his life in the service of his country.

Happy Christmas and thank you for what you are doing for these men.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk