Author Topic: 1940s wedding.  (Read 2469 times)

Offline SUFFOLK BOY

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1940s wedding.
« on: Saturday 07 December 13 17:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,This is going to be a long shot,have a photo of a wedding,1940s by the uniform and possibly in Lavenham but have no proof of that.If there is anybody out there who recognizes anybody on the photo please get in touch,hope this jogs  a few memories :)thanks Neil.
Brown and Oakley family Glemsford and Lavenham Suffolk,Simpson, Stewart/Steward,Hartley,Hardy family all Lavenham. Pepper family Herringswell, Wakerley & Suffolk.Chapman and Pattle family  Suffolk. Desmond family from cork Ireland and London. Anybody wants information on the Brown family from Suffolk let me know would be glad to help.

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
Re: 1940s wedding.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 December 13 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Can I suggest that you send this to the local newspaper, The Suffolk Free Press (which is free in expression but not in monetary terms  ;)

It is a weekly newspaper for Sudbury and local area and I have recommended them in the past with good results.

http://www.suffolkfreepress.co.uk/

SM ...
Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?