Author Topic: McLean/McDonald  (Read 481 times)

Offline Elanne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McLean/McDonald
« on: Sunday 08 December 13 16:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi there!  New at this site so hope am inquiring properly!!  I am looking for Parent information for Hugh McLean (born 1782) and Mary McDonald (born 1784).  They married in either 1812 or 1814, or one was listed as a Bann, other Marriage and were registered in Kilninian & Kilmore Parish, Isle of Mull.  They came to Canada in about 1821 with at least 2 children, Donald (born 1815) and Hector (born 1820).  Any information at all about these ancestors would be appreciated!  Thank you!!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline bevj

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Robert Paterson 1866-1909
    • View Profile
Re: McLean/McDonald
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 December 13 17:24 GMT (UK) »
FamilySearch has this entry -

Hugh Mclean
Christening 08 May 1782
KILNINIAN AND KILMORE, ARGYLL, SCOTLAND   
Father's Name:    Charles Mclean    
Mother's Name:    Catharine Mckenzie

Bevj
Weedon - Hertfordshire and W. Australia
Herbertson, Congalton, Paterson - Scotland
Reed, Elmer - Hunts.
Branson - Bucks. and Birmingham
Warren, Ball, Jones - Birmingham
Fuller, Bourne, Sheepwash - Kent
Brittain - Beds. and W. Australia

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Elanne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 December 13 17:43 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for that!  My records from ancestry.ca have 10 Sept 1782 for birth, with a possibility of Archibald McLean/Flora Ann McDonald as parents (Mull Families has some info too but nothing tying a definitive on either birth or parents).  I will follow up the Charles McLean path and see where it leads!  Again, thank you!!

Offline maribec

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 07:13 BST (UK) »
Did you find more information on your McLean ? I am looking for Hugh Charles McLean, b. Oct 31, 1832, Scotland. He came to Canada , and died at Sydney Mines  May 17, 1925. His father was said to be Donald McLean.  Could he be a son of your Donald?