Author Topic: F.A army Cup medal  (Read 468 times)

Offline steve leckey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
F.A army Cup medal
« on: Saturday 28 December 13 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello my name is steven leckey and I am a metaldetectorist.Whilst out on sunday in a field near Pontefract York shire I came appon a medal with the words football association army cup on the rear it says 1 D.W.R then under that corporal T. Owen.I have now found out DWR Is the duke of wellington regiment the hallmarks are from 1931.They lost 3-1 in the cup it would be so nice to return this to the family but where do I start I need help please.I have know found out his full name is Thomas Arthur Clifford Owen he died in Pontefract in 1980 and was born in Ecclesall in 1906 I know his family have a live family tree but don't know how to contact them if someone could please pass on my email address then I can return medal to family.All this information I got from the great guy's on this forum but where do I go from here am I just going to have to wait till someone goes back and looks for there family tree that could take years.So I'm asking for your help again to trace any relative I could give medal back to.
Many thanks
steve

Thanks
Steve

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: F.A army Cup medal
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 December 13 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Advice was given in your previous post - please see moderators comments re: email addresses

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=671201.msg5163356#msg5163356

The relative will have been given the link to your post
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)