Author Topic: Richard Stallwood - Frimley  (Read 6221 times)

Offline diy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Stallwood - Frimley
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 02 January 14 13:33 GMT (UK) »
After I posted the previous mail I looked up the IGI. The IGI has record of Jane Yates being Christened on the 31st Jan 1841, Frimley, Surrey. John Yates as father and mother listed as Ann. I believe that this is the entry that Manchester Rambler was referring too. I guess the real answer will lie in the birth certificate

Offline diy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 02 January 14 13:40 GMT (UK) »
I also have been looking for death record of John Yates. There are plenty of candidates outwith Surrey, but I don't have enough information on John to be able to match. John is listed as Groom/Gentleman's servant on the various documents/census records so as Ciderdrinker suggested it could be he travelled and died outwith surrey.

Thanks,
DIY

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 02 January 14 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi
There is a suggestion that John Yates also came from Hampshire and was baptised to James and Elizabeth 9.7.1809 at Yately.
However I can't see anything to support this and it doesn't really help with the GRO index as no age is given until 1865.As you said there are no John Yates /Yeates dead in Surrey 1837-1841.
I'd buy that birth certificate.
Ciderdrinker

Offline hindleap

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 06 January 14 09:26 GMT (UK) »
Lewis Bonson Yates was my Gt Grandfather. This is a very complex family as there are a number of name changes.

Jane Yates: 1840 - 1909
Parents - John Yates 1809 - 1840 & Ann Davis 1811 - 1889 (m: 1837)
Siblings - John Henry James 1832 - 1872 & Ann 1835 - 1887

When John dies Ann then marries John Cottee 1795 - 1870 in 1842 (both listed as widow/ers on certificate)

In the 1841 census Ann & John are living next door to each other in Ash, Surrey.

Jane has child Lewis Bonson Yates 1858 - 1939 - no father listed on birth certificate. On his baptism he is listed as Lewis Bosson Cottee

In 1860 she then marries Richard Stallwood 1835 - 1876. They have 7 children:
Emma Jane
Richard
Beatrice Alexandra
Ernest
Ruth
Owen
Lydia

She then remarries after Richard' death in 1882 to Daniel Owen Teasdale 1838 - 1909. They have one child:
Daniel

Lewis Bonson Yates is listed as Stallwood whilst living with Jane & Richard. In 1879 as Yates he marries Lydia Wood 1856 - 1915. They have 13 children:
Florence Ruth
Lewis William
Edmund
Arthur Richard Bonson
Gertrude Ellen
Ernest Edward
Harry
Christina Maud
Frederick John
Margaret Annie
Walter Leonard
Alfred David (my grandfather)
Lydia Frances

He appears on 1881 census as Yates & then uses Stallwood on 1891, 1901 & 1911. All of his children were registered on Birth & Marriage certificates as Yates.

Hope this is of help, it's taken quite a while to get this far :)

If anybody has anything else, would be great as I'm finding out information as I dig deeper.

Regards