Author Topic: 1841 census- Summerfield  (Read 4434 times)

Offline D_Tutty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census- Summerfield
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 March 16 02:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave

I am interested in finding a burial record of Sara Summerfield. She was Sara Robbins who married William Summerfield (s/o William Summerfield & Mary Bonham) in Cople.

My interest in finding this record is as follows: My 3x great grandfather William Summerfield appeared in Maulden in 1801 in a marriage to Ann Stanford. (married as Wm Summerville) The bap records of their children are under the name Summerfield.

William died in 1846 in Maulden. Death cert gives his age as 89. Burial records give his age as 88. 1841 census gives his age as 85.

I know that William s/o William Summerfield and Susan Redman Bap 1757 was married in London.

This leaves William s/o William and Mary Bonham bap 1755. If a burial record for Sara Summerfield can be found (Cople/Cardington) this would confirm that the William who married in Maulden  in 1801 is the same person.

Thanks

Doris

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 March 16 10:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Doris

I don't think you need to look as far as Sarah, as there's a William Summerfield age 68 buried in Cople in 1823 who looks to be the one who married Sara Robbins. There's also a Sarah Summerfield age 70 buried in Cople in 1824. Both these are on the free index on FindMyPast at http://search.findmypast.co.uk/search-united-kingdom-records-in-birth-marriage-death-and-parish-records/and_deaths-and-burials?_ga=1.20580016.986418603.1377269437. You need to buy credits to find the full entry, but as the source is the NBI you're unlikely to get more detail than the age. You need to check the parish register microfilm at your nearest LDS Family History  Centre to see if there's any more detail.

But it doesn't look as though the Cople family is connected to the Maulden contingent. Probably not the answer you were looking for.

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline D_Tutty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 March 16 18:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave

Thank you for that info. It was not what I wanted but that's how things go in family research.
I have found that some people just take what they want from the first record that may fit and then enter that as fact in their family tree.

Many Thanks

Doris