Author Topic: Avatar  (Read 4334 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Avatar
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 15:55 GMT (UK) »
I'm on Vista too at home, but just checked my work laptop (IE8 and windows xp ::) ) and it's the same - I can see all but the avatar on the profile Trystan sent.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Deirdre - I didn't think you'd see the avatar of the profile, so that's good (in a funny way!). The larger profile image size in the link that you provided doesn't affect this issue, as you and Frank have found.

Frank - yes, I changed her avatar to a .gif file format and it appears now for those of you that couldn't see it before.

Anyhow, I can see a pattern in what the problem is, but apart from people re-saving as a .gif, I've yet to come up with an idea of how to solve it. 

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 15:58 GMT (UK) »
Deidre,

I bet you can't see this one either:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=31449

Trystan
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Deirdre - I didn't think you'd see the avatar of the profile, so that's good (in a funny way!).

I kind of assumed it was a 'testing' one  ;D
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 15:59 GMT (UK) »

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 16:02 GMT (UK) »
Can't see this one either.... http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=221557

Does it help if I look for more I can't see?

Deirdre

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 16:07 GMT (UK) »
Deidre,

Great - in that case you can see the same avatars, and not see the avatars that everybody else is having problems with when they are browsing the site with later versions of Internet Explorer. Most of the avatars are not affected.

But you can see *that* avatar becasue you said it was a big one - I'm guessing you've pasted the wrong link there.

I've got a testingn set up here, so I can see the ones that don't work, so there isn't a need to post me links to them - but thank you ever so much for asking!

Trystan

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 16:08 GMT (UK) »
Can't see this one either.... http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=221557

Does it help if I look for more I can't see?

Deirdre

Strange, I can see that one.
Frank ;D
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands