Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re: Avatar
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 16:09 GMT (UK) »
Frank,

Yes, there's no problem with that type of avatar.

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline SwissGill

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 16:13 GMT (UK) »
Gill,

I've saved your avatar as a .gif file, and re-uploaded it to your profile for you. You'll now be able to see you very clever cat reading German grammar again! I'm working on the problem that seems to affect only Intenet Explorer users.
Regards,
Trystan

Thank you Trystan

I was going to ask my husband to check it out. However, we are changing to Mozilla very soon.

regards,
Gill
Whitlow: Witton-cum-Twambrooks/Northwich
Bowers: Marthall, Siddington, Cheshire
Owen: Cheshire
Pfisterer (Fisher): West Riding Yks 1850-1875
Fisher (Pfisterer): Des Moines, Iowa 1886-
Wallis: West Riding Yks/Des Moines, Iowa, 1892-
Heinzmann: Hull/Northwich
Pfisterer, Heinzmann, Künzelsau, Baden-Württemberg
Brueck: Kocherstetten B-W
Volpp: Morsbach B-W
Schluchterer: Künzelsau, B-W

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 16:13 GMT (UK) »
Can't see this one either.... http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=221557

Does it help if I look for more I can't see?

Deirdre

Strange, I can see that one.
Frank ;D

Sorry Frank, must have pasted the wrong link - that's the large one I can see  :-[

Ditto Trystan, many apologies.  :-[
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 16:18 GMT (UK) »
I probaby started reading this AFTER Gill's avatar had been sorted but because I could see it I joined in the discussion. As on all forums (fora?) when avatars or icons (or text) is updated it can make for confusing reading afterwards  ::)
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Deidre - not half!  :)

Gill,

I've saved your avatar as a .gif file, and re-uploaded it to your profile for you. You'll now be able to see you very clever cat reading German grammar again! I'm working on the problem that seems to affect only Intenet Explorer users.
Regards,
Trystan
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 07 April 14 16:05 BST (UK) »
I've just tried a little change, and I was wondering if the avatars are suddenly visible again for the people that were having problems with it?

Trystan

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 07 April 14 16:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Trystan,
It's certainly working for me  ;D  Everyone's avatar is showing.
Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 07 April 14 16:16 BST (UK) »
Frank,
Great stuff - thanks for letting me know! Looks like we've cracked it then :)
Trystan