Author Topic: Avatar  (Read 4339 times)

Offline falcybe

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Avatar
« Reply #9 on: Monday 06 January 14 14:11 GMT (UK) »
So presumably you use Internet Explorer, Carol? Or am I wrong?

cheers, falcybe
Hayden Cowan Weir Jowett Barclay Howard Gooch Joiner Rayner Ash Travers Coltman Samuel Falconer Lacey Croton Clarke Robinson Alden Burroughs
Ford Lusty Jones Wice Wise Scorey Rayner Harding Bacon Chambers and lots more
Click on the little house on the left to go to our site

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 06 January 14 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Yes I do...odd that I can see some but not others  ???
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline falcybe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 06 January 14 14:18 GMT (UK) »
Just a little re-cap for uploading a new avatar

1) Click on Profile then Forum Profile
2) Click on Browse to find the picture on your computer
3) select the picture and click on open
3a) its address will now be in the box beside the word 'Browse'
4) scroll down and click on the button "Change Profile"

Hey presto, all you have to do now is to refresh the page and fingers crossed your avatar will be there

cheers, falcybe.

What is odd, Carol, is that it is a quirk with IE but not the other browsers.
Hayden Cowan Weir Jowett Barclay Howard Gooch Joiner Rayner Ash Travers Coltman Samuel Falconer Lacey Croton Clarke Robinson Alden Burroughs
Ford Lusty Jones Wice Wise Scorey Rayner Harding Bacon Chambers and lots more
Click on the little house on the left to go to our site

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 15:13 GMT (UK) »
Gill,

I've saved your avatar as a .gif file, and re-uploaded it to your profile for you. You'll now be able to see you very clever cat reading German grammar again! I'm working on the problem that seems to affect only Intenet Explorer users.
Regards,
Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 15:18 GMT (UK) »
Not trying to confuse things but I'm using IE9 and can see everyone's avatar. Have checked a few topics with lots of replies and can see all those too. Not found a single red cross yet  ???

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 15:21 GMT (UK) »
Deidre,

It's great that you're not seeing any problems with your Internet Explorer.

Can you have a look at this person's profile for me please, do you see their avatar?

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=28606

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 15:30 GMT (UK) »
Deidre,

It's great that you're not seeing any problems with your Internet Explorer.

Can you have a look at this person's profile for me please, do you see their avatar?

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=28606

Trystan

Hi Trystan,

No sorry I can't see that one.

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 15:35 GMT (UK) »
Size of the avatar is mentioned earlier but I saw one while looking through some topics that seems large (don't know how many pixels sorry  :-[) but I can still see it.... http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=221557

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 15:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi, definately an enigma, I'm on IE9 with Vista and cannot see the avatar on the link that Trystan provided but like Deidre784 I can see the large Avatar on the link she provided,
Frank.

Added: I can however see the Avatar of swissgill now some magic has been performed on it by Trystan.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands