Author Topic: King's Royal Rifle Cadets (KRR)  (Read 1572 times)

Offline chrisscales

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: King's Royal Rifle Cadets (KRR)
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 January 14 10:43 GMT (UK) »
I don't understand what you mean... I know which unit he was in for WWI (22 Battalion London Regiment) and I know about his civil service jobs listed in the gazette (Inland Revenue 1907, transferred to Dublin Local Government 1911, then back to Inland Revenue 1912, promoted 1914) - is there something about the King's Royal Rifle Cadets in the London Gazette? Or you mean it's more likely than being in cadets at school...

Offline km1971

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 04 January 14 16:08 GMT (UK) »
- is there something about the King's Royal Rifle Cadets in the London Gazette?

No, the LG reference was for the civil service - which we know you already have.

... Or you mean it's more likely than being in cadets at school...

My first thought was that a cadet unit would be attached to a school. Now we know that there was a KRR Cadet battalion based in London. So the school connection may not be worth following now.

Ken

Offline chrisscales

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 04 January 14 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Sorry yes I see what you mean. But what isn't clear is if there was just one KRR Cadet battallion (based in 42 Sun Street, Finsbury from 1904 onwards) or others at the time based in schools that were affiliated to KRR but not officially 'part' of the regiment.

As an interesting addendum, this seems to be a plea for funds coming from the same address in 1909, for 'Lord Robert's Boys': http://archive.spectator.co.uk/article/2nd-january-1909/23/lord-robertss-boyscity-of-london