Author Topic: Esther Groom b c 1830 Tivetshall St Margaret  (Read 3420 times)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Re: Esther Groom b c 1830 Tivetshall St Margaret
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 21:26 GMT (UK) »
Bingo!

William with second wife and Esther Shiedy with her children https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MN4V-Q3V
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 21:55 GMT (UK) »
That's great, at least she didn't die or get left behind in England. Isn't it good when just one or two things suddenly make everything else slot into place? So glad that is sorted.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 22:17 GMT (UK) »
You are right, these people are not my ancestors but I get bored and am researching branch lines and then found to my delight they migrated so it gives me the opportunity to learn about and explore other records as all my lines are restricted to England and generally the East Midlands/Anglia counties

So yes I am a happy bunny, found Esther who went and married and had children, found a couple of others who died before their first birthday ( 2 months and 6 months) and I am on the track on the others
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 22:27 GMT (UK) »
I did exactly the same with a branch of mine when I found that my great grandmother's sister had 11 children, 9 of whom died before their first birthday. I traced the other two and found that one emigrated to Canada when he was about 18 and fought with the Canadian Army in WW1. He returned to Canada after the war, but then I lost track of him.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline shirl100

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 08 January 14 15:06 GMT (UK) »
Bingo!

William with second wife and Esther Shiedy with her children https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MN4V-Q3V

Now that does look good!
North,Noble,Harrison,Seller - North Riding Yorks parishes
Brown,Brooks,Watson - Belper/Duffield Derbys
Hole - Ashover Derbys
Webb, Flavell, Mason - Staffs (mainly Sedgley)
Bevan,Beamond - Chirbury Shropshire
Longridge - Northumberland/Durham
Freeman - Hampshire, Oxfordshire,Sussex
Smith - Derbyshire and Yorkshire
Whitehead - Yorkshire
Morris - St Pancras Yorkshire etc

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 09 January 14 19:12 GMT (UK) »
Still researching her but it looks like she died in 1896, was widowed for 20 years and had 9 children over the previous 20 years of her marriage...... it still amazes me that almost 200 years ago a 12 year old took her baby brother aged 4yrs ( and another 8 yr old younger brother it seems ) the other side of the world from a very rural English town to a new country with little to no infrastructure as per the description in her Uncles obituary of him /her fathers arrival 3 years earlier and it taking a whole day to move a wagon and horses through bog land, which took one of them 30 ins to walk back to the last camp to collect the firewood they had left...

I have found the records of both her Uncles and father naturalisation.
On naturalisation am I right in thinking that it also includes the wife and children as naturalised too although not named?