Author Topic: Roche  (Read 1728 times)

Offline Jeune

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Roche
« on: Monday 20 June 05 04:20 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for Michael Roche who lived in Ahern, Co Cork and was a Police Officer.  He was married to Mary Anne Clifford and they had 7 children up to 1885 when their daughter Norah Bridget was born.

Offline vanman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Roche
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 February 06 16:33 GMT (UK) »
I dont have a Roche in my family tree but I do have a Mary Ann Clifford (b 1835)  born in Ireland (Cork ?) . She was the daughter of Patrick John Clifford (b1807) and Mary (nee ?) Clifford (b1806) both in Ireland. There were two other children John Charles Clifford (b1834) and Amy Clifford (b 1830). They appear to have left Ireland for England around 1850.
Is there any link to your family here ??

Regards

Clifford, Ireland. Kerry. Tralee, Cork

Offline Jeune

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 February 06 03:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello, it's lovely to here from you.  All I know about Mary Anne Clifford was that she was married to Michael Roche who was a police constable in the RIC (Royal Irish Constabulary?) and they lived in Ahern, District of Fermoy, County Cork.  I am not aware that either of them went to England although their son Denis went to England and became a police officer.  Through him Norah met her future husband, William Alfred Brooks, whose father was also a police officer.  Norah went to England to help out with her Uncle Denis's family and married William Brooks in 1909 in London.  It would be nice to find a link there.  Cheers,  Jeune

Offline vanman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 15 February 06 08:09 GMT (UK) »
Jeune,

Thanks for the reply. I have had another look at all my possible Irish connections and compared them with your info. I don't think there are any connections. None of the names or occupations you gave me match my ancestors.
Thank for the info and good luck with your search
Regards
Stuart
Clifford, Ireland. Kerry. Tralee, Cork

Offline mo-jo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 April 06 23:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Jeune, i have a Michael Roche 54yrs visiting from Ireland in 1871, he was visiting the Hogan family in Birmingham and i cannot find a connection to him, although 10 years later 2 of the Hogan children are residing in Liverpool with a sibling family called Roche, consisting of;

Michael,50yrs margaret,39yrs  May A, 29yrs  Alicia, 28yrs all unmarried and born in Ireland any connection to the names let me know..Mo-Jo

Foy(ireland)
hogan(ireland)
Salter(ireland)
Tougher(ireland)
Conroy(ireland)
Nolan(scotland & ireland)
Gillon(scotland)
Sheilds(Ireland)
Aird(scotland)

Offline Jeune

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 02 April 06 07:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Mo-jo, I fear there is no connection.  My Michael Roche probably didn't leave Ireland.  He was a policeman and his wife was Mary Ann Clifford.  None of the names you have given are those of their children.  Sorry, and good luck with your search.   Jeune

Offline Brooksy67

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 20 June 23 10:28 BST (UK) »
Hi June, I think I can help you with some information on Nonie’s family