Author Topic: Edward John FERRY in Mape Street Bethnal Green  (Read 3214 times)

Offline sheepbritt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Edward John FERRY in Mape Street Bethnal Green
« Reply #9 on: Monday 13 January 14 11:14 GMT (UK) »
That's brilliant sleuthing, Suz - thank you so much! I really intended just to eliminate any possibility that Elizabeth Parker was Edward John Ferry's mother but this is a really interesting diversion.  I'll see whether I can find any birth / baptism records for Sarah Bishop.   

Interestingly I have a Hanchard on the other side of my tree so there may be a connection there too!

Anne

Offline Tanyeeast68

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 08 April 23 01:39 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am new to this site I am related to the Hanchard and Ferry families through marriages of My Bishop ancestors..  so I have lots of info for you so to follow and will attach some info this weekend but wanted to give you some info to start with.
Susan Gillett 1800-1871 (father William and mother Sarah nee Webb) Susan was the 2nd wife of John bishop 1798-1866 of bethnal green
She married John hanchard in dec 1821 in Hackney and had a daughter Elizabeth(Bolt) b 1821 & 6 boys charles,James william,george,william,John & Henry the youngest 1833 before her husband died she married John bishop in 1848 also a widow with 4 girls fanny, Ann (Parker) ,clementine, Sarah (married  Edward John Ferry in 1857 they had Caroline ,Sarah ,elizabeth,Edward john,William I and Henry)

Susan(na) Gillett hanchard bishop lived with johns youngest children Sarah and william and her youngest Henry hanchard in 1851 census in bethnal green.
In 1861 Elizabeth bolts daughter Sarah was living with her grandparents along with Sarah and Edward ferr(e)y miss spelt and hence you could not find and young Sarah and Caroline
 The bishops and Ferry's were all listed as Silk weavers
Interesting fact when Elizabeth m Peter bolt she was listed as e!izabeth Gillett and father John Gillett !! But james hanchard was a witness yet on 1841 census her surname was hanchard so I think as eliz bolt is listed as born in France on a later census  her mother Susan may have been pregnant before her Dec marriage a mystery I have yet to solve !! Unless Elizabeth was Susan sister but I doubt it.
I have not paid attention to other trees as there was so many errors and another Susanna Gillette was a headache there was a connection with Matthews family TBC
I will send you more soon regards Tanya feel free to check my trees on any site Tanya Stafford

Offline Tanyeeast68

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 08 April 23 03:24 BST (UK) »
Your pretty much bang on
I am related on my father's mother's side to the bishops (John is my 4th GG) and the Bolts on my father's dad's side as Peter married Elizabeth (Gillett hanchard Bolt parker) Lol

Elizabeth & Peter's daughter was on census !living with grandparents in 1861 prob due to Peter's death 1853 and she possibly living with family and henry her eldest in 1861 as the Parke rs were her sister Ann and James so not her husband.

Parkers green families I soon worked out were closely connected as my paternal great grandmother a bishop married my paternal great grandfather a Stafford and his grandma was Harriet Bolt niece of Peter Bolt! Merging branches of trees has not been easy

The weavers certainly did much weaving!!

Offline Tanyeeast68

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 09 April 23 23:00 BST (UK) »
Update Elizabeth bolt marries her half sister Ann’s widow after she was also widowed so it makes sense
But still unsure why her father is listed in various names ie as James hanchard john bishop and john Gillette I do believe James hanchard was her father and john Gillette was meant to say john bishop