Author Topic: Thomason Laws  (Read 1889 times)

Offline 0191alex11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomason Laws
« on: Friday 17 January 14 18:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi!
    Can anyone shed light on the above lady?

I have a Thomason Laws (first name may be spelt as Thomasin/Thomison etc), born 13 December 1818, baptised 28 March 1819, Sunderland Holy Trinity, daughter of John Laws (Coachman) and his wife Ann Todd.

Cant seem to find many records for her. There is a marriage at Sunderland in 1855 for a Joseph Stoddart and Thomison Laws and two children follow:

Ann Stoddart baptised 23 April 1855 Deptford

John James Stoddart baptised 26 October 1856 Deptford

On the 1891 census I think if this is Thomasin, she is living at Middlesbrough and her grandson James Windfill (??) aged 10 born Middlesbrough is living with her also?

Any help much appreciated! :)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomason Laws
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 January 14 19:59 GMT (UK) »
Cant seem to find many records for her.

Have you discounted these:

On Ancestry in 1851 a quick search for 'Laws' born Sunderland brings up 'Thonuson' Laws. aged 21 living in Ponteland.

In 1841 an 18 year old Thomason 'Saws', not born in county, is in Newcastle upon Tyne.

I haven't checked the originals yet but I'd suggest 'Thonuson' could well be Thomason and 'Saws' could well be Laws.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline 0191alex11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomason Laws
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 18 January 14 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi!
    Many thanks for replying! Much appreciated. I have since found Thomason on the 1861, 1871 and 1881 census, but couldn't find her on the 1851 so your information was a big help.

On 1861 she is living at Workington, with husband Joseph aged 35, son Henry aged 19 and son Robert aged 10, James aged 4 and William aged 1. I think Henry and Robert are from Joseph Stoddart first marriage but who too I cannot find as yet!

Will order the marriage for Sunderland to see if I am on the right lines for Thomason. :)