Author Topic: Kennedy  (Read 2925 times)

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Kennedy
« Reply #18 on: Friday 31 January 14 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello Heather

Sorry for the delay on Robert Kennedy.

Just heard back from the Knox United Cemetery and the Robert Kennedy there died in the 1940's.

So no luck so far.

Do you have anything else besides the post card dated 1907? Was there any other communication from Robert. Was his wife ever notified that he died.What info do you have that he came to Canada in 1906.

If you have the post card you could post the back of it on Rootschat. Right now any little bit of info

that you have might help find him...so far it looks like a dead end. No passenger record for him

coming to Canada. Maybe he came through the US.

So many questions and so few answers. Always best to post all info no matter how small...makes

it easier to find him

Lilybell.
Harrod Essex and Kent England
McCrimmon Invernesshire  Scotland

Offline Heather Cardwell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 31 January 14 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Lilybelle, for your help. Unfirtunately, as I said before, there is nothing else in the postcard that would help - it was sent on 13th May 1907 from Toronto to his wife in Larne and wishes everybody well and sends love. He also says, "xxxxx all well at present." The missing word looks like LIVES or LEVES or FEVES or FIVES or FIRES. The handwriting is bad.  The only other thing I know is that he worked in a gas works in Toronto and was heading west. 'Legend' has it that he was shot dead in a saloon after a brawl! (Don't know whether this is true!) Although living in Larne before going to Canada, he was born in Drumcon townland in Killoquin, Rasharkin, Co. Antrim. He was a presbyterian and his father was called John Kennedy. This is a hard one! I appreciate the time you are spending on it for me.

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 31 January 14 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Heather

Now here is something I found when you mentioned Robert was heading west..

Went checking census records and ran across a record on the 1916 Canadian census for Saskatchewan as soon as I take another look I will get back to you. ..unless you know for absolute certainty that he died in 1911 or earlier.

Will get back to you

Lilybell
Harrod Essex and Kent England
McCrimmon Invernesshire  Scotland

Offline Heather Cardwell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 31 January 14 23:17 GMT (UK) »
Not sure of the year of death. Thanks again.