Author Topic: Skews, James Edward  (Read 18158 times)

Offline KSKS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Skews, James Edward
« Reply #90 on: Thursday 26 November 15 12:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara

I have expanded my tree for William Skews. By Elizabeth his first wife; first son was George b 1823 was also a confectioner his son Richard Nathaniel Edwin Skews b1844 son was James Edward Skews b1882 d1947 is this your relation?

Offline Barbarajk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Thursday 26 November 15 16:54 GMT (UK) »
I'm so sorry that I cannot locate my file and notes re the Skews family.  It does appear that James Edward Skews b 1882 could very well be my relation.  An uncle perhaps?  I found the article I mentioned re William Skews on the internet, I tried to contact them re the article but I didn't get a response.  Is there a death record for James Edward Skews, born 1882?  I am curious if it was from England.  On another note, there is a way to send a private message, not quite sure how to do this but I can try to figure it out.  I will try to send you the article, its very interesting. 
Thanks again K for your assistance and interest!  It is 8:53 am here in Vancouver, Canada.  A beautiful sunny winter day!

Offline KSKS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Thursday 26 November 15 18:13 GMT (UK) »

Hi Barbara

Thanks for yr reply. Yes I went into the Canadian records James Edward DoD is given as 1947 and his wife's maiden name as ALLRIDGE. I'm sure this is correct. So far there is no marriage date for Elizabeth or info on her maiden name. But I know her first son was Thomas Skews b 1821 I would assume that their marriage was 1820 or before. Likely too that William used money from his pension to set himself up in the confectionary business only a theory. Don't worry about the article I can find it on line. Hope yr well.

Regards

K

Offline Barbarajk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Thursday 26 November 15 18:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi K

Yes, that is correct!  My grandmothers maiden name is Aldridge.  Although I don't know anything more.  Strangely according to my father and my aunt, my grandparents never talked about England or relatives.  My father and aunt didn't know they had aunts, uncles and cousins in England until I showed them what I had found.  So it's very exciting to read about our past and trace the family tree!  According to your research Richard Nathaniel Edwin Skews was my great grandfather?  He was the father of James Edward?  Thanks again, much appreciated!
Barbara

Offline KSKS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Thursday 26 November 15 18:48 GMT (UK) »
I have found how to private message my e mail for you if you send a test message I will reply and attach a screen shot of the record for James Edward.
If you go to top of page click on messages and send from there see if it works. Regards K

Offline KSKS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Thursday 26 November 15 18:50 GMT (UK) »
Let me know when u get the info ok

K

Offline Barbarajk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Thursday 26 November 15 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Thank you K!  Did you send this through Ancestry?  I was a member several years ago and started a family chart, although I have a feeling it is inaccurate.  I noticed the death notice states there is no Bio.  I would like to add my family's info to this.  Do you know how I would go about doing this?
Best,
Barbara

Offline KSKS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Thursday 26 November 15 20:22 GMT (UK) »
Replied separately as PM

Offline simonob

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday 08 December 15 09:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara and K
I am so excited to find your conversation in RootsChat. Richard Nathaniel Edward Skews was my Great-Great Grandfather. He was born in 1844 and my mother Valerie Skews was born one hundred years later in 1944. My side of the family went from Kent to Bethnal Green and West Ham and later Hammersmith. My mum now lives in just outside Colchester in Essex and I have emigrated with my family to New Zealand.
Earlier today I made the connection about William Skews (1790ish) had remarried to Ann Jarrett in 1829 and my line is from his first wife Elizabeth who died in 1828 and their son George. It is good to see K has reinforced my conclusion.
I would love to be able to share research. Have you heard of the book "Cornish Heritage" by a UK BBC radio host Keith Skues. It is quite old now but he contacted all of the Skues/Skews and other variants in the mid 80's and put there research into the book. That is where all my initial data came from. I am inclined to dig it out and have another look for any information on Williams parents.
Sorry for the rambling message..
Simon