Author Topic: Carlton in Cleveland St Botolph marriage 1879  (Read 1952 times)

Offline druschki

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Carlton in Cleveland St Botolph marriage 1879
« on: Wednesday 29 January 14 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone kindly help with St Botolph parish records for a marriage in 1879? Eliza Brown married James Mohun. I am particularly interested in the names of the parents (or siblings) of the bride and groom who may have been present and recorded.

Many, many thanks.
Brown (Bodham, Middlesbrough), Griffiths (Blaina, Stockton), Randall (Harmondsworth, Islington), Harland (Westminster, Richmond)

Offline wozzle

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Carlton in Cleveland St Botolph marriage 1879
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 January 14 22:41 GMT (UK) »
not the parish records but this might help with naming the parents of james mohun
according to the marriage reg his full name was james grange mohun
there is a person on the 1861 census with that name his parents were Robert mohun and charlotte
there is a marriage in 1852 in York between a Robert mohun and a charlotte graves
cattell,alcester
vickers,sulgrave
hewish,holborn
manley,bethnal green
barnes,bassingbourn

Offline tillypeg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 March 15 19:23 GMT (UK) »
Finally got the chance to go to the North Yorkshire Record Office today and looked at this marriage, sorry it's so long after you posted!

31 December 1879 Carlton in Cleveland
James Grange Norman Mohun 22 bachelor, Shoemaker of Whorlton, son of Robert Norman Mohun, Currier.
Eliza Brown 18 spinster of Carlton daughter of James Brown, Shoemaker.
Banns. Ceremony by the Vicar - George Sanger. Witnesses: Robert Naisbitt, Mary Mohun.  All signed.

Offline snowqueen

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 April 15 21:51 BST (UK) »
I think  marriage of Robert Norman Mohun and Charlotte Grange 1852 Kirkleavington.

Robert Norman  Mohun born 1830 Whorlton died 1902 Potto son of George Mohun and Maria Norman married 1830 Stokesley

George Mohun born 1805 Ingleby Arncliffe son of Robert Mohun born 1764ish no idea where and Elizabeth Lakin born 1765 Hawnby married I think 1787 East Harsley

Hope this helps a bit and good luck with your research

Lyn