Author Topic: Lost Family Relatvie Great Great Grandfather. Alfred Smith b.1873  (Read 7027 times)

Offline andrewp91

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Family Relatvie Great Great Grandfather. Alfred Smith b.1873
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 18:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, I am looking at trying to pick this back up. If anyone would be able to suggest or help me in locating my great-great grandfather I would highly appreciate it.
Many Thanks :)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 18:44 GMT (UK) »

Have we looked for g g grandfather previously ?

When was the last sighting you have of him please ?  Parents names would be handy ?
Any other siblings in Canada ?

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 18:48 GMT (UK) »
We seem to have done a fair bit of searching so far.  We need to be searching after 1914
The middle name Graham Temple should help
If Walter Maurice Temple Smith was visiting in 1947 - that would have made Arthur 74 years old.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline andrewp91

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 18:52 GMT (UK) »
The last sighting of him in England is on the birth certificate of his son (my great grandfather) Raymond in 1914. That was within the Luton area of Bedfordshire, England.

The last record I can find of anything in relation to him from the border crossing manifest of his other son Walter Maurice Temple-Smith in 1947 which is shown in the original message above when he visited his father.

I have looked back at his line and cannot find any association to do with him with any of his family (mother and father included) within England after 1914.

Many thanks for helping me revive this thread and trying to put a end to his search! Due to the record above, I do believe he eventually at some point after 1914, decided to live in Canada and that the roumors were true. I just cannot find anything such as outgoing passenger list on him, death records in Canada ect.. on hiim.
Id love to find out what happened to him after 1914.

Many Thanks once again.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 18:57 GMT (UK) »
Are you aware of anc tree with a death Alfred Graham Smith - 24 March 1953 - Hertfordshire, Hertford. Probate 13 May 1953 - registry London. 363 Norton Way Letchworth Hertfordshire -
probate to Robert Edward Graham Smith - company director - £904   13s  6 d  ??

Sandra

Offline andrewp91

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 19:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sadra, Thank you for that information. Yes I am aware of that record and noticed that a few trees aalso submitted that as record to him, I am sure however that this is not the same person in relation to my relative. I am not aware of any of the name on the Probate record Robert Edward Graham Smith. I feel like the people that have submitted this are unaware of the manifest record of the boarder crossing.

I believe I might buy this record however not sure if it would benefit as it might not hold information that I could use to eliminate him.

Thank you once again for your help :)

Are you aware of anc tree with a death Alfred Graham Smith - 24 March 1953 - Hertfordshire, Hertford. Probate 13 May 1953 - registry London. 363 Norton Way Letchworth Hertfordshire -
probate to Robert Edward Graham Smith - company director - £904   13s  6 d  ??

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 19:05 GMT (UK) »
OK I just wanted to check that with you. One tree seems to copy another these days, error and all.   :-\

Sandra

Offline andrewp91

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Yeah exactly. I always like to provide some sort of proof before I can nail it into my tree haha.

OK I just wanted to check that with you. One tree seems to copy another these days, error and all.   :-\

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Andrew, not made any progress.  Canada has very strict privacy laws which makes things very difficult.  Perhaps someone else will turn up some good info

Take Care
Stay Safe
Sandra :)