Author Topic: German -Augusta Henrietta Dehwald (or varation Dewald, Derwald, Delwald)  (Read 843 times)

Offline kc3

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
German -Augusta Henrietta Dehwald (or varation Dewald, Derwald, Delwald)
« on: Monday 03 February 14 12:57 GMT (UK) »
Augusta Henrietta Dehwald was born in Germany in 1865. However when I look up the name I cant find that variation of the name I keep coming up with Dewald, Delwald, Derwald. But no Augusta Henrietta.

She was  German and had to sign on at the Royal Constabulary Offices in Co Clare in Ireland during ww1. She was the only German that wasn't imprisoned. She was 19 when she married a John Carroll from limerick.

Any info would be great. (I know it's a long shot)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: German -Augusta Henrietta Dehwald (or varation Dewald, Derwald, Delwald)
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 February 14 14:03 GMT (UK) »
1911- Augusta Carroll listed as born Co.Clare, married 26 years- 8 children so wonder how her maiden name is listed on their birth certificates?
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Clare/Clareabbey/Edenvale/354267

1901 her birthplace listed as Germany-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Clare/Clareabbey/Kilmorane/1070498

Marriage: Augusta Henrietta Dehwald, Oct./Dec.1884, Ennis registration district, volume 4 page 83. Marriage certificate should list father's name and occupation.

If you go to www.familysearch.org and search with only the surname 'Dehwald' Augusta's marriage is the 1st entry followed by some in Germany.

If this transciption is really Augusta (and not August) then she might have been born a bit before 1865:
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Carroll&GSiman=1&GScid=2331447&GRid=80450477&
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline kc3

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: German -Augusta Henrietta Dehwald (or varation Dewald, Derwald, Delwald)
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 February 14 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Been on the phone trying to get the wedding cert and there is nothing in the local office. They only have the Catholic weddings and as she wasn't catholic they didn't have a catholic wedding. I might have to try Dublin.