Author Topic: Millam family in Angus and Perthshire  (Read 1811 times)

Offline acorn baby

• RootsChat Extra
  • looking for family in angus, aberdeenshire, fife
    • View Profile
Millam family in Angus and Perthshire
« on: Tuesday 04 February 14 00:08 GMT (UK) »
hello. i have been working on the Millam family covering the period of 1650-1800 and some folk a little later. i have come across a lot of info on one particular family, James Millam born c.1777 in Newtyle, who married Mary Doig, which has helped me to discount some of the Millams.

I am descended from Anna Millam, b.1746 in Meigle. She married James Small in 1779 in Meigle. I believe her father was John Millam.

I have looked into as many Millam/Milliam/Millem/Millum etc as i can find, but i am struggling to fit family groups together. I have a 'jigsaw' of all Millams recorded from Perth, Errol, Kettins, Meigle, Newtyle, Alyth, Auchterhouse and Strathartine. I have now got some ideas of who may be family due to date/location.

I am trying to confirm whether I have the correct Anna, and then trying to follow her Millam line back further. There are a lot of people looking into Millams in England and USA but not many at all in Scotland.

Is anybody out there looking into the Millam name in Perthshire or Angus/Forfarshire? I am happy to help untangle things if there is someone else out there like me!!
Massie - Dundee, Brechin,
Nicoll - Letham, Forfar
Wilson - Dundee, Fife, Aberdeenshire
Stewart - Cupar Angus, Dundee
Chalmers - Forfar area
Murray - Forfar area
Moug - Forfar area
Tyrie - Forfar area
Collie - Forfar area