Author Topic: Parents of Robert Williams born 31 OCT 1762 in Carnarvonshire, North Wales  (Read 1573 times)

Offline LeonardRileyIII

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert was born 31 OCT 1762 in Carnarvonshire. Could not find birth recorded in any parish records. Robert was Stewart for Sir Watkin Williams Wynn for many years. Banns of Marriage (AB 25/78 In National Library Aberystwyth) between Robert Williams of Parish of Llanabeblig (XPE/25/16 No. 302) and Jane Roberts, same Parish were married in church 30 MAY 1792 by Robert Owen, Vicar in presence of Solomon Lloyd and John Watkins. Robert and Jane had three children born in Wales:
   Mary, born 23 FEB 1789 most likely in Caernarfon Town. Christened 16 MAR 1788
   Elizabeth b. 29 JAN 1791, most likely in Caernarfon Town. Christened 20 JAN 1790
   David R. Williams b. 12 FEB 1793, most likely in Caernarfon Town.
     First two children born prior to marriage. Family belonged to Baptist Church in America. Might have been non conformists in Wales and previously married in private ceremony. Family came to America by ship from Liverpool, England APR 1795. After living for 10 years in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, moved to Washington County, Ohio in 1804. Robert was naturalized a citizen of the United States in 1808 at special Court of Common Pleas held at the Court House in Marietta, Washington, Ohio on 1 JUN 1807 "renouncing all allegiance & fidelity to the Prince of Wales".
   Robert and Jane had three more children in Ameriica then Jane died. Robert married Mary Hearne, widow, and they had five more children.
   Robert, born 31 OCT 1762 had three brothers, William, John and Owen.
    Williams: Unable to identify which William was brother to Robert!
     John Williams. A John lived at Wesleyan Chapel near Harlech, Penrhyndeugbraeth. He had six children including Simon Jomes a ship carpenter, Jemima who married Ebenezer Roberts and his youngest daughter Margaret who married Robert L. Roberts, a school master who lived at Dyffryn in the Parish of Llanenddwyn which is 5 miles North of Barmouth, Merionethshire as of 19APR1841. This family is well established and documented in Wales.
    Owen Williams born in Caernarfonshire left for the Indies as a young man.
     My daughter and I have visited various records offices and National Library in Wales but unable to identify parents of above Robert, John,William and Owen. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Offline laturner

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of Robert Williams born 31 OCT 1762 in Carnarvonshire, North Wales
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 October 23 00:16 BST (UK) »
Hello- I am also researching Robert Williams parents. My 2nd great grandfather was William Thomas Williams and his father was William Williams from Marietta, Ohio, and his father was Robert Williams from Canaervon, Canaervonshire, North Wales and W.T. Williams has Robert Williams history written in a notebook I have saying he sailed from Liverpool in Sept. 1793 to US. He had a brother named Edward who sailed for the East Indies. He also had a brother John R., and his mother was Jane Simons. He lived in Pennsylvania for a time then went to Marietta, Ohio in 1805 and lived on a farm near there, where he died in April, 1843. He was born Oct. 31, 1761.  And there is written at the end Sr Watkyn William Wynn. Nothing about his father nor nothing about him being married and having 3 children at the time they sailed from England to the US???

Offline WelshGen

• RootsChat Senior
  • http://www.spanglefish.com/welshgenealogy/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 November 23 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Just an observation, but you have Mary christened 'before' she was born !
There are records for Caernarvonshire going back to 1674 but they aren't easy (and sometimes impossible) to read
Jones, Parry, Williams on Lleyn, Hughes, Thomas on Anglesey/Caernarvonshire, Blunt, Davies, Lee in Dudley, Staffs
Cox, Humphreys and Keech, Bedford
My website http://www.spanglefish.com/welshgenealogy/

Offline WelshGen

• RootsChat Senior
  • http://www.spanglefish.com/welshgenealogy/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 November 23 00:34 GMT (UK) »
Not sure about this but, Ancestry is showing this may be the mother of Robert
Alice Edwards
Birth   1743  Llandaff, Glamorgan, Wales
Death 23 MAR 1804  Hen, Dygwardd, Cefn
Then Alice's father ...
WILLIAM EDWARDS
Birth 1714 Merther Tydvil, Glamorganshire, Wales
Death 1775 Isle, Virginia, United States
and this
Jones, Parry, Williams on Lleyn, Hughes, Thomas on Anglesey/Caernarvonshire, Blunt, Davies, Lee in Dudley, Staffs
Cox, Humphreys and Keech, Bedford
My website http://www.spanglefish.com/welshgenealogy/