Author Topic: New Zealand Ancestor looking for Descendant COMPLETED  (Read 4614 times)

Offline YourAncestors

• I am very sorry but my email is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: New Zealand Ancestor looking for Descendant
« Reply #36 on: Monday 10 February 14 11:10 GMT (UK) »
This is an amazing result.  Thank you all for the help you have given me - not only in identifying Lieut William Arthur Bridge, but also his daughter.  I could not have hoped for more and certainly not in such a short timescale.

William Bridge seems to have had quite an interesting (and varied) career, not only after the Second World War, but also before it.  I understand from Nova67 who has been in touch with William's daughter that her Father, who was born in the UK, served in the Royal Naval Air Service during the First World War.  It might seem odd that somebody would have served in two different branches of the Armed Forces but there are plenty of cases of that - including my own Father!

Now that I know William was born in the UK, I hope to be able to do a bit more research on him, in particular his time in the Royal Naval Air Service.  If I find anything of interest, I'll certainly let you know.  I'll also be writing this up for my blog and you can rest assured that I'll be giving RootsChat a plug.

Now, it so happens that I have some other pictures in my collection with a New Zealand connection.....but I'll leave them for another time.  You good folks deserve a rest from me for a while!

Many thanks for your help once again.  Very much appreciated.

Offline minniehaha

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "To live in hearts we leave behind, Is not to die"
    • View Profile
Re: New Zealand Ancestor looking for Descendant
« Reply #37 on: Monday 10 February 14 18:25 GMT (UK) »
We do love a challenge David, so feel free to bring them on!!

Minniehaha.  :)
HAMMOND, Cainham/Caynham, Shropshire, U.K. Otago-NZ.
GALBRAITH, Ireland, Dunedin, Otago-NZ., Kensington-London, U.K.
GRANT, Sct., Dunedin, Otago-NZ., Vancouver, Canada.
GLASS, Aberdeenshire, Otago-NZ.
CAIRNEY/CARNEY/KEARNEY/Ireland, Airdrie, Scotland, Otago-NZ.
O'BRIEN Mary Ann, Limerick, Otago-NZ.
NICOL(L) James, Scotland, Otago-NZ.
SCOTT Thomas, Shetland, Otago-NZ.
MCHARDY/MCHARDIE Euphemia, Scotland, Otago-NZ.