Author Topic: Swedish seaman's database  (Read 6438 times)

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Re: Swedish seaman's database
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 February 14 09:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Darren

The oldest date I have of Erik leaving a ship was 9 Oct 1877 with no destination. He left the ship "legally". There is no evidence of him jumping ship....... yet!

I have a number of records of Erik and Jonas on ships. I will get them sorted for you.

Ian

Thanks Ian!
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 14 February 14 09:46 GMT (UK) »
Karl Albert Lundquist was born 16 Aug 1864 in Härnösand.

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 14 February 14 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Cheers!
I will look into that.
I would like to see that deserters record you have or a link maybe of Erik.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 14 February 14 10:01 GMT (UK) »
I'll need some time to track it down. It will be in one of my old notebooks from when I used to go the various libraries and archives.

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 14 February 14 10:06 GMT (UK) »
Ok. No rush. It must late there now.

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 14 February 14 18:56 GMT (UK) »
I have gone through the sailor database and there is no record of Erik jumping ship or a mention of it. When you find that info about deserters then I might be able to work out which record it could be. I have though found 20 records of Oscar's exploits on the seas. Pretty cool really, you can now follow him all over the world on the different ships.

Ian

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 15 February 14 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ian,
I have looked through all of the notebooks I could find (I wish I had neater handwriting!), but no luck. I will call into our local library today (our time), because I think that's where I found it.
I would be very interested to see the info for both Jonas and Oskar; as far as I know, Oskar stayed in Härnösand, although I have been unable to find his death as yet.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 15 February 14 23:00 GMT (UK) »
And re-reading your posts, Erik's last listing of 1877 is interesting, as his first daughter, my grandmother, was born in 1880 in Adelaide.

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 15 February 14 23:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I will see if I can find more about Oscar here in Sweden. When did Erik get married?

Ian