Author Topic: Probate Record, Shipley, Sussex - 1771  (Read 6250 times)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Probate Record, Shipley, Sussex - 1771
« on: Tuesday 18 February 14 22:38 GMT (UK) »
Would anyone be able to suggest if it is possible to order a probate record dated 1771, please?
Collection:  Sussex, Calender of Administrations...Wills
Volume: Administrations in the Consistory Court at Chichester 1775-1800
Book:  Register 3

Thank you, Lisa
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
Re: Probate Record, Shipley, Sussex - 1771
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 February 14 04:46 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I would think so.  If you contact the West Sussex Records Office they should be able to send you a copy.  I've ordered some wills from them & had no problems,

Jane
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching BRABY/BRAVERY in SURREY and SUSSEX

PLEASE use the look-up requests page not a personal message.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 February 14 10:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane:

I will check the records office out, thank you for the suggestion.

I ordered records from the Essex Records Office last year and because I live in the states, the payment process was a nightmare.  (The staff was very helpful; paying with American funds was very expensive.)  Hopefully, the West Sussex Records Office has a different payment process.

Thank you for the information, Jane.  It is very much appreciated.

Lisa
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 February 14 10:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Can tell us the name and area, some of the earlier Wills are on the NA and on Ancestry
Family History is a Pandora's box if you don't like what you see find a new hobby,only concentrate on the proven facts and not the facts you think you know.
Jenkins, Radnorshire. Herefordshire, Canada
Coley Dudley.
Baston, Cleobury Mortimer.Wolverhampton
Parker Stafford.
Hammond/s Wolverhampton.Shropshire
Duckworth Cheshire.
Proud Walsall.Proud Cape South Africa
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 19 February 14 15:24 GMT (UK) »
Lisa, Nanny Jan is offering West Sussex RO look-ups  http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=665402.0  You could always ask if she could make a photo copy for you  :)

Jane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 19 February 14 15:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane and Nanny Jan:

I will get the information in a few minutes (just getting ready for work).  I really appreciate the help.  Thank you.   :)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 19 February 14 16:17 GMT (UK) »
Using a worldwide subscription for an online site, I found the above referenced man:
Thomas Parker, dated 1771, Shipley, Sussex
S 28 1771

-----------------------
Years ago, my aunt gave me a photocopy of a sheet of paper containing names, relationships and dates of a marriage, births and deaths of our Vaus and Cooper ancestors on one side and our Mumford ancestors on the other side.  My ancestors lived in Shipley, Sussex (Horsham and Itchingfield) prior to c1820's.

Written on one side:
"William Cooper  grandfather  Died May 26, 1811   aged 55 years
Susanna Cooper  grandmother  Died Sept 26, 1836  aged 78 years"

I believe Susannah was
Susannah Parker, baptised 23 Apr 1758
Parents Thomas Parker and Sarah

I've been researching for many years and have a lot of information about my Mumford and Vaus ancestors.  I also know a bit about the Coopers and Parkers, including facts about Susannah Parker, which are on this thread:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=427082.0

I really appreciate any help at all with Thomas Parker.  Thank you both for your interest in this thread and a thank you in advance if Nanny Jan is able to find out anything about Thomas Parker.  Sorry for the rushed email - I'm trying to send this before I leave for the day.   :-\

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 19 February 14 16:45 GMT (UK) »
PS  Just rereading the posts.  Sorry if Nanny Jan is not MargP - I was rushing when reading and replying.  :-[

I have not tried NA.  I can do so tonight.  Again, apologies for the name mixup.

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 19 February 14 17:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisa,
I checked out the reference you gave & it's at Winchester Probate Registry  https://courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/courts/winchester-district-probate-registry
There's an email address for enquiries.  So nanny jan wont be able to help  :(  Also checked TNA site but it's not there.

Jane