Author Topic: (*Completed with thanks*)Deceased Online- help with record information required.  (Read 1724 times)

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Hi all ,

Although I use the free searches on DOL all the time I've never paid to see any records.

What I need is the location of a grave(Arbroath Western Cemetery) , what I have is -

Grave details + 1 other burial
Burial Register scan
Map of grave location

Will the grave details give me a reference for the grave location or will I have to look at the Burial Register ?
Since I now live in Arbroath a map of the Cemetery will probably not be a problem(I already have one
for the Eastern Cemetery , Arbroath).

thanks

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Seaton Smithy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Previously known as "neb_maat_re".
    • View Profile
Re: Deceased Online - help with record information required.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 February 14 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Here's an example of what you'll see from the Grave details link:

Interment Details

Authority  Angus Council
Cemetery  Arbroath Eastern
Grave reference  F/166

Sort By:   Deceased name  Cremation/burial date                             

Results per page: 

Name                                    Date                         Date of death
Edwards, John                        18 September 1943     15 September 1943                                 
Edwards, James                      02 May 1939              30 April 1939                                   
Edwards, Norman                    04 September 1905     01 September 1905                                 
Edwards, David                      12 December 1904       09 December 1904                                   

I assume the "Grave reference" is the site number?

If there is any chance you could share the map of the Eastern cemetery it would be greatly appreciated as I have quite a lot of family there.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: Deceased Online - help with record information required.
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 February 14 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Thank you  :)

I'll have to get the map and grave details.

The map for the Eastern Cemetery was on my partners phone , this has now ceased to function after being dropped  :P

Not a problem as I can pop back up to Cemetery to photograph the map , not tomorrow but may be Saturday , the dog likes that walk.

best wishes

ev

Added -
Have emailed the map.
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records