Author Topic: Another Matthew/Mathew Bradford  (Read 3385 times)

Offline Hemmum

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Another Matthew/Mathew Bradford
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 22 February 14 23:22 GMT (UK) »
How odd!
The baptism is on North Shoebury, Essex Batch I04646-2 on 9 Oct 1805.
On the census he gives his place of birth as Barling or N Shoebury!!

Offline nannyj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 22 February 14 23:26 GMT (UK) »
Hmmm. I'll look in barking then. It wasn't in prittlewell either.
Jamiesons, Martins and McGonigals of Coleraine, Londonderry
and
Cullens, Grahams and Challenors of Dublin county and city.

Offline nannyj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 22 February 14 23:30 GMT (UK) »
Barling ... Predictive text. Nothing there either. Strange. His marriage says n Shoebury too.
and

Offline nannyj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 22 February 14 23:51 GMT (UK) »
Found Ann Neal's brother: William bap 27 mar 1808 in great wakering, which is between southchurch and barking. No Thomas Bradford yet though.
and

Offline Hemmum

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 30 March 14 22:43 BST (UK) »
Can't find baptism for Thomas Bradford b.1805 in South or North Shoebury or Southchurch. Just the marriage in 1825. Strange.

I took a weeks sub to SEAX and could not find the baptism from the IGI either!!
Thomas Bradford bap 9 Oct 1805 s of Mathew and Mary at North Shoebury, Essex I04646-2
I am not used to trawling through registers but did find it in a bit of a muddle.

Offline vabbott

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 31 March 14 21:05 BST (UK) »
After ages I compiling my information and found another Mathew Bradford who I do not have a baptism for;

On the census Mathew Bradford was born 1827/8 in Great Wakering (Agr Lab). He appears to have died in 1902. He probably married Susannah Keys in 1852.

Can anybody find a baptism for him in Great Wakering?

Although Mathew is with Mary Ann the daughter of Thomas Bradford in 1881 I think is unlikely that he is her brother as she had a brother Mathew born 1834.

He could possibly be the son of Mathew who’s wife Ann was also born at Great Wakering.
Their children were baptised in Southchurch 1829 onwards and their first daughter was Ann but they did not have a son Mathew baptised, so Mathew 1827/28 'fits' here but obviously I need some proof if possible.

I have seen on a Tree that says Matthew Snr married a Ann Neal/Heal about 1829.
Can anyone confirm this marriage perhaps as early as 1827 in the Great Wakering area?
Hi
I have found a Mathew Bradford  on the 1841 census he is living on a farm as an ag labourer aged 15  in 1851 he is living as a lodger Ag Lab aged 24 From Gt wakering in 1861 He is a widow living in a cottage still ag labourer Son Benjamin 7 born Prittlewll son Moses 5 b Gt wakering
Ronnie

Thank you in advance for any help.

Offline vabbott

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 31 March 14 21:20 BST (UK) »
After ages I compiling my information and found another Mathew Bradford who I do not have a baptism for;

On the census Mathew Bradford was born 1827/8 in Great Wakering (Agr Lab). He appears to have died in 1902. He probably married Susannah Keys in 1852.

Can anybody find a baptism for him in Great Wakering?
Hi
Me again The two boys born to Mathew and Susannah were Benjamin Robert b December 1853 Rochford district and Moses Edwin B December 1855 Rochford
ronnie

Although Mathew is with Mary Ann the daughter of Thomas Bradford in 1881 I think is unlikely that he is her brother as she had a brother Mathew born 1834.

He could possibly be the son of Mathew who’s wife Ann was also born at Great Wakering.
Their children were baptised in Southchurch 1829 onwards and their first daughter was Ann but they did not have a son Mathew baptised, so Mathew 1827/28 'fits' here but obviously I need some proof if possible.

I have seen on a Tree that says Matthew Snr married a Ann Neal/Heal about 1829.
Can anyone confirm this marriage perhaps as early as 1827 in the Great Wakering area?
Hi
I have found a Mathew Bradford  on the 1841 census he is living on a farm as an ag labourer aged 15  in 1851 he is living as a lodger Ag Lab aged 24 From Gt wakering in 1861 He is a widow living in a cottage still ag labourer Son Benjamin 7 born Prittlewll son Moses 5 b Gt wakering
Ronnie

Thank you in advance for any help.

Offline Hemmum

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 15:08 BST (UK) »
Further to my original Post I have found that;
In 1881. Mary Ann Bradford born 1853 in Canewdon the daughter of Thomas 1828 Barling on the was Mary Ann Bacon a widow living 2 Holly Cott Coleman Str, living with Mathew Bradford born 1826 Gt Wakering and his second wife Lucy. Mathew’s son Moses Bradford born 1855 Gt Wakering is at number 4 Holly Cotts. (His other son was Moses Edwin)

Mary Ann Bradford 1853 parents were Thomas and Mary Ann who married 1854. (I have no record of her having a brother Mathew in 1834). As Mathew was born in 1826 I think he was unlikely to be her brother and not her father.

Mathew and Ann married in 1826 their last child born in 1840. Their children were born in South church / Shoebury / Wakering area.
Mary Ann 1853 was born in Canewdon as were the younger children of Thomas Bradford 1828.

Mathew Bradford 1834 N Shoebury was the son of Thomas Bradford 1805 and Sarah Ann Carriage. His sister Mary Ann was born in 1841 at Canewdon and was married to John Bines in 1881.

Mathew Bradford 1826 Gt Wakering (I think) was the son of  Mathew Bradford 1801 and Ann Neal.