Author Topic: William Graydon Birth 1866  (Read 1050 times)

Offline juiceanca

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Graydon Birth 1866
« on: Sunday 23 February 14 22:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello all
Im trying to find a birth cert of William Henry Graydon born 12 nov 1866 Manchester ? this exact date came from his military records,Also his marriage cert he said 1866 and on the 1911 census he is 1866 born Manchester living at 31 worsley street,manchester,married to mary jane graydon,[nee Campbell ]

On his marriage cert he also used William Anthony and crossed it out and put William  henry instead using graydon as last name.

I now ive tried before to find this man and have posted previously but not sure how to add my previous post.

becuase I found him on the 1881 Census in Manchester using Wm A Graydon listed as brother 15 yrs old to head of the house Elizabeth Thornton 24 yrs old ,widow and son james thornton 6 yrs old.

I searched for a marriage for a graydon to a thornton but found none,but I did find a marriage of Elizabeth Carroll married 1874 to a john thornton in Manchester.

John Thornton died before the 1881 census leaving his son james 16 yrs  with Elizabeth 35 yrs old  on the 1891 census at 38 0ld mount road,manchester. (No sigh of William graydon their ) only the coincedence there is living at no 44 old mount road is his wife to be mary jane Campbell visitor 26yrs old .

I know this is very long winded and hard to follow but my thinking was maybe William henry graydon was born with the surname carroll.

so I sent off for the only birth certs I could find for a William carroll b nov quarter 1866.
 the first one I sent for was the William H A Carroll born nov quarter Liverpool Lancashire as I thought about the middle names he had used but alas after receiving it was not my family as I know from his military records his mother was ellen and his father was Hugh.

Second I sent for the William carroll born nov quarter 1866 oldam Lancashire no luck either.

the third I have not sent for yet it is William carroll nov quarter 1866 Liverpool Lancashire but I think this William carroll died possibly in 1871  5 yrs old ???? west derby.

I have attached the 1881 census part showing wm graydon as brother to Elizabeth thornton,hope it makes sense.

also the 1891 census showing Elizabeth thornton and james thornton with may jane Campbell living a few doors away,im sure this is how they possibly met each other.

My question is what to try next ???

thankyou for taking the time to read all this a it is complicated.

julian

Campbell - Lanarkshire,Scotland
Mcdonald - Lanarkshire,Scotland
Porter      - Staffordshire,England
Sargeant - Staffordshire,England

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: William Graydon Birth 1866
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 February 14 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)