Author Topic: Burial at Walton Park Cemetery, Liverpool - COLLINS  (Read 5742 times)

Offline BritVic

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burial at Walton Park Cemetery, Liverpool - COLLINS
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 21:10 GMT (UK) »
Couldnt agree more Blue but this site -Walton Park- is in a unique situation and has seemingly been the end of the road for so many,both physically and metaphorically !
It is my 'brick wall' ?
Reference back to the earlier posting by 'kevi' has been quoted so many times to all of those who are recent and new enquirers (as it was to myself some time ago) and gives false hope that there is a possible answer. There isn't,and it is very disappointing if not frustrating.

Phone enquiries to the farm these days will in my experience only illicit the response that "St Nicholas Church in Liverpool now deals with such enquiries" and,again,my personal experience has been total zero from St Nicks archivist.
'Kevi' was made redundant from the farm over 18 months ago and can no longer be of any help,his suggested facebook page has also disappeared by the looks of it.

As you say,we just have to accept that they are in there 'somewhere' ?

Or to paraphrase General Plummer,1927, at the Menin Gate,"They are not missing, they are here" !

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 21:19 GMT (UK) »
It could be an idea to copy and paste your first post onto that other thread Vic because people are bound to find that thread through doing a search and try to contact Kevi.

Blue

Offline BritVic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 22:34 GMT (UK) »
They will not have much success Blue. I know to my cost.
Myself and MaryA have collated a considerable number of maps/dox from far and wide concerning this site and we are hoping soon to be able to find all of the known and marked graves and possibly put GPS ref points to them on a sensible OS map. I will then try and match those known plots to the register in the LRO and see if we can find some form of logic or reason to this puzzle ? Its a longshot but its the best we can hope for and at least we should get a decent map into the public domain,and not just for the Robert Tressel monument ? I'm only hoping that we can access the paths before the serious lambing season begins and the stinging nettles arent too well established.

Offline marlowmag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 17 July 21 10:02 BST (UK) »
Are there burial records of public graves at Walton cemetery searching for the grave of my nephew
David Ravenscroft who died 1967 age 1 week been searching other cemeteries with no luck

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 17 July 21 12:49 BST (UK) »
Are there burial records of public graves at Walton cemetery searching for the grave of my nephew
David Ravenscroft who died 1967 age 1 week been searching other cemeteries with no luck

Burial was at Bootle Cemetery you can access the two register images (left page & right page) here when signed in (free to register and use service):-

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-L979-MQ24?i=51&cat=1910606

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-9979-MQGJ?i=52&cat=1910606

Transcript:-

33110 / C of E / 30.8.67 / David Ravenscroft / 1 wk / 61 Netherfield Brow Liverpool 5
Public / Section 10 / Grave 458 / Public / Ceremony: A Matthews

Blue

Offline marlowmag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 17 July 21 13:23 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for your help  we have been searching for a long time now we know were David is at Walton Park cemetery i will let my niece know so she can find the grave

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 17 July 21 14:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for your help  we have been searching for a long time now we know were David is at Walton Park cemetery i will let my niece know so she can find the grave

No David isn't at Walton Cemetery he is buried at Bootle Cemetery. Here is the cemetery on Google Maps:-

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Bootle+Cemetery/@53.4635731,-2.982374,464m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x487b239507249c49:0x50cfd731594e02ec!8m2!3d53.4635731!4d-2.9801853

Blue

Offline marlowmag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 18 July 21 11:17 BST (UK) »
Sorry i did mean to say Bootle cemetery i was so overcome by finding David a big thank you

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 18 July 21 11:43 BST (UK) »
Okay I was a bit worried you thought he was buried at Walton Cemetery. As this is a public burial there won't be a gravestone and it's more difficult to locate it within the section but at least there are some gravestones in section 10 so by looking for numbers on the backs of the gravestones you might find the whereabouts of the burial. Section 10 is the section pinned on this link:-

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/53%C2%B027'53.0%22N+2%C2%B058'48.0%22W/@53.464733,-2.9821787,464m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d53.4647328!4d-2.9799895

Blue