Author Topic: Daniel Gibb  (Read 983 times)

Offline lawrenceb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Daniel Gibb
« on: Thursday 06 March 14 16:45 GMT (UK) »
Daniel Gibb was born in Aberdeen, Scotland in approximately 1852.  He married Christian Robertson and they appear in the 1881 and 1891 census for Aberdeen In both the 1901 and 1911 census what appears to be this family is living at 141 John Williamson St., South Shields.  The head of the family is listed as Mr. Gibb.  Christian Gibb states that she has been married for 39 years and is the wife of the head.  But Mr. Gibb is not present in either census.  Oral family history agrees with the family's relocation. Daniel's occupations are listed in Scotland as a baker and ship steward.  Any suggestions as to where I could look for Daniel. 
Cumming: Woodside Aberdeen
Lawrence: Banffshire, Aberdeenshire, Newcastle upon Tyne

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Gibb
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 March 14 19:45 GMT (UK) »
hi,,cant see any merchant navy records for Daniel Gibb senior,,,,only for his son  Daniel  b 1882.
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lawrenceb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 March 14 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that information.  Much appreciated!

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 08 March 14 00:22 GMT (UK) »
in case you are interested,,,the merchant record for Daniel junior includes his photo.
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lawrenceb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 08 March 14 14:16 GMT (UK) »
I am very interested!  Could you let me know if I can access this online?  Thank you!